New Ear Taping Methods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ear Taping Methods?

I am very excited to announce that we will be adding a new pup to our family next month.
    With that being said, I have not done ears in 3 years. Just wanted to research if there were any new better methods. I used Ostobond (unisolve for removal), bakers rod, and zonas tape for Holly's ears. Thanks yall!
    -Katie, Holly, and Millie
    Houndstooth Great Danes
    Member of the Great Dane Club of Louisiana

sigpic

I'm currently taping my 12 week old brindle Dane and am using the paper towel/zip tie method. Her ears stand beautifully but the dang tips tend to fold over so we're still going. Good luck on whatever you decide!
    sigpicMy blue baby Denali-8 1/2 months and my brindle girl Dova-4 months

Comment

I use this method:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjEj3QNunZE"]Great Dane Ear Tape - YouTube[/ame]

I do NOT do the bridge like she does. I just tape the bridge like they do in the Summit View ear taping videos on youtube.

I know many are opposed to having a fully covered ear, but diligence in changing the tapes and cleaning is key. I change tapes every 4-5 days and there is hardly any goo.

ETA: I find that the ears stand better the tighter I roll and tape the foam piping insulation before I put it in the ear.

Comment

I understand that every dog's ears are different from another, but do any methods have better success than others? Is pipe foam and tape better than skin bond and dr schoels mole foam or etc.? A bridge at the top of the skull or near the tips of the ear or the entire legnth of the ear? Countless methods but who prefers what... Just wondering

Comment

Katie-

I still prefer how you taped Holly's ears. It is tried and true.
          sigpic
          Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
          Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
          www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

i use foam pipe in the base, with zip ties. i use kendal surgical tape, zonas, and paper tape....depending on my mood haha

i did start out with using foam pip insulation all the way up the ear, but daegans tips were curling around the foam so i switched to using the zip ties.

if i were you i would just use the method you are used to
            sam: mom to 2 danes (Romeo/mantle merle and Daegan/fawn), and Cora, the ragdoll kitty.

"inside every Great Dane is a puppy just longing to climb into your lap"

Comment

Working...
            X