Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know when they're done taping?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know when they're done taping?

Sampson is 8 months old today. He had his ears cropped at 8 weeks. You can see his ears without tapes in my sig pic. I'm just not sure how to know when we're done taping or how long to expect to continue taping.
    sigpic

ears

As long as they are standing like that you don't need to tape. If they begin to relax after a few days or weeks tape them back up again. When you leave them down they will strengthen themselves when they are alert and looking at something so good idea to leave them outside some so they can work their ears.

Comment

Thank you, I'd never heard that before.

I've left them down some and one of his ears always seems to start to flop over after a few days. I'm always worried if I wait until that point to tape them back up that I might be hindering the processes.
      sigpic

Comment

If one ear "starts" to droup, retape.

Comment

I retape at the first sign of weakness. Don't wait until an ear goes floppy because, yes, to do so would be hindering the process.

If they get weak a day or two after being down, you're not done. Get them back up for a while. If they weaken 5-7 days after being down, you're getting closer. So monitor carefully and put back up at first sign of weakness...
          *Jennifer*
          Member GDC of Mid-Florida
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X