Painless Tape Removal Trick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painless Tape Removal Trick

The first couple tapings for Marlin I am having his handler help me with, since it's a method I am not too familiar with, and she taught me a way to get the adhesive remover to soak the tapes easily with minimal mess.

1. Buy an ear drop bottle and empty it. I had a scalpicin bottle laying around, which is the same concept but larger but with the same top.

2. Empty the contents completely and rinse.

3. Fill with starter fluid, which is her choice of adhesive remover. You can also use unisolve or your remover of choice.

4. Use the dropper to soak the tapes, remove, and then run a thin line down both the sides of where the posts are adhered to the inside of the ear. You may have to run your thumbs down those edges a little bit to get the adhesive that was not initially removed by the first line.

This is the first way I have seen where the tapes literally pop right off, no pain, no upsetting the puppy, and no hair loss. BIG FAN! Thought I'd share with everyone

Smith & Nephew Unisolve already comes in a bottle. Remove is the one that comes in wipes.
    sigpic
    Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
    Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
    www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

I remember when you told me to get unisolve, I managed to order it in wipes. I clearly messed the ordering up!!! The dropper bottle is KEY! His breeder and my handler are both friends of medipore tape, which is sort of a cloth tape, but with more structure than paper and more breathable than the standard cloth. I just ordered a box!

Comment

Alcohol also removes most tape adhesive and it dries up nicely. Rubbing alcohol that is.
        sigpic
        CHDANTRYDANES SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE- "Moose"
        Born: April 10,2011

FINISHED IN 1 WEEKEND
        Bitch-CHDANTRYDANES SHE'S A NATURAL
        Stud-CHDANTRYDANES OUT OF AZORES

Comment

I never had any problem with tape removal...but I used paper tape and just rubbing alcohol. Came right off too. But I am sure others will appreciate the helpful advice...
          [SIGPIC]sigpic
          Vanessa

Bree - 5 yr old Mantle Female (Rescued, Spayed)
          Brodee - 12 Month old Fawn Male
          "Divine Acres Time Well Spent"

Comment

Working...
          X