Lift off!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift off!

we took daegans posts out today to re tape him. and we have lift off!
    BUT, he has a small sore inside each ear from where the base of the post rubbed. the bases were down inside the ear, so for the weekend he has moleskin and tapes with a bridge but no actual post, he will get those back on monday. the vet said they think the sores will be gone by then! cross fingers

sam: mom to 2 danes (Romeo/mantle merle and Daegan/fawn), and Cora, the ragdoll kitty.

"inside every Great Dane is a puppy just longing to climb into your lap"

Such a sweet face!

I'm surprised that Duke's posts haven't done something like this (so far anyway.) He plays so wild sometimes that I'm frankly surprised he has any ears left!!!!!

Daegan we hope your ears feel better soon, sweet baby. Hugs!
    sigpic Duke - 5 months

Comment

Holy freakin cuteness!!!
      I hope his ears heal quickly.
      sigpic
      Shannon momma to:
      Peanut Great Dane born 12/10/10
      Tuffy(6/5/05), Simon(7/2108) & Joey(8/10/08) Rescue kitties
      Juice Yellow Footed Tortoise

Comment

I must have missed you getting another Dane! Congrats. How old is this cutie?
        Is this going to be your show dog that you mentioned you wanted?
        My little Bogartsigpic

Comment

You should be able to post the ears without putting the post down into the ears. Posts down into the ears irrate the pup and cause sores. The post should go above the bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohitto View Post
            I must have missed you getting another Dane! Congrats. How old is this cutie?
            Is this going to be your show dog that you mentioned you wanted?
            He is 9 weeks today and yes he's my show pup

Originally posted by saharadane View Post
            You should be able to post the ears without putting the post down into the ears. Posts down into the ears irrate the pup and cause sores. The post should go above the bump.
            I was told that for the forst little while they needed to be down in to ensure the bell holds its shape...? What do you use as posts? Foam pipe insulation?
            sam: mom to 2 danes (Romeo/mantle merle and Daegan/fawn), and Cora, the ragdoll kitty.

Comment

Riddle would not keep the posts down in the bell at all, so I stuck with posting above the bell. I use foam for the base with zip ties for the rest.
              Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
              Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

I have never posted into the ear. I stop at the bump. I use backtaped corset stays.
                sigpic
                Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by samantha63 View Post
                  I was told that for the forst little while they needed to be down in to ensure the bell holds its shape...? What do you use as posts? Foam pipe insulation?
                  I have done both, posting into the base and only to the stop. I actually prefer posting into the base, past the stop but not jamming down deep into the ear. I've never had sores near the base at all...
                  *Jennifer*
                  Member GDC of Mid-Florida
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay I taped him myself using pipe foam, the posts are down further than the bump but not as far as the vet had them, I have his ears a good cleaning first and didn't see any sores. So lets hope it stays that way thanks for all the advice!

Comment

so freaking adorable!

hope his sores heal soon!!!!
                      "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
                      -Unknown

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
                      -Roger Caras

Comment

happy to report that Daegans sores were all healed up and i re posted his ears on saturday night, monday we went to the vet just for my peace of mind to know if i taped okay lol and the vet said they looked great! well kaiah thought she needed to give his ears a real good cleaning and then he got one of the posts out so i took them down. they were only down long enough for a good cleaning and to be re posted.

they look so good! i am so excited for this process to be over and it hasnt even started hahaha i just want his ears to be this cute all the time

the angle is a little funny, they look like theyve got a LOT more bell than they really do, they are just tilted weird. but i still love this picture.

Comment

OMG...he is so flippin cute!!!! You have an adorable little pup!
                          sigpicMy blue baby Denali-8 1/2 months and my brindle girl Dova-4 months

Comment

What a cutie pie!!!

Martha
                            sigpic

Comment

changed tapes again today, im pretty pleased with how they are doing

Comment

Working...
                              X