Looking for a vet in DFW to crop pup's ears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a vet in DFW to crop pup's ears

I was wondering if anyone had any references with vets experienced with cropping dane ears? My pup is four weeks and I'm hoping to find the right vet before he makes it home.

Thanks,

Jordan

The very best in the area is Debbie Schaffer. She does most of the show dogs in Tx.
    please email me and I will let you know how to reach her.

Kmoore24@suddenlink.net
    sigpic

Comment

Your breeder should be assisting you with this process. Have you discussed it with them? That said, I have heard good thing about Dr. Schaffer, as well.
      sigpic
      Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
      Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
      www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Thanks so much kmoore! And I actually haven't asked my breeder yet. Was hoping to get a referral or two before I made my final decision.

Comment

Originally posted by sjorcdanw View Post
          Thanks so much kmoore! And I actually haven't asked my breeder yet. Was hoping to get a referral or two before I made my final decision.
          My point is, that your breeder should either know the croppers or if out of her area, be able to call fellow breeders and get a recommendation to help you.
          sigpic
          Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
          Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
          www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

I second Dr Schaffer!

She did Maggie's ears (as well as her fathers and some siblings) and was really knowledgeable. She examined Maggie's ears and gave us some options. We were worried about a long show crop not standing and also worried it would make Maggie looking like a "mean black" dog and she recommended a medium crop with a slightly rounder bell for a more feminine look. We couldn't be happier. I had read many horror stories on DOL about ears not standing but Maggie's were done before she was 6 months old.
            sigpicIntroducing Miss Maggie Maggie - 3 Years Old

Comment

I know it's a little late, but I third Dr. Shaffer in Frisco, Tx. Her the staff are amazing. We live in Keller and the drive was long, but well worth it. On his final taping they showed us step by step how to tape and the best products to use. Hands down no complaints. We went in with intentions of getting a long show crop and after talking with her and looking at pictures we went with the medium show crop. Moose turned out beautiful!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X