No announcement yet.

up a week,down a week???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneads Ferry. (right in between Jacksonville, and Wilmington)

Comment

Nevermind, he's in Asheville which is over 6 hours from you...

Try contacting him anyways, he probably could tell you who to go to. Or even meet up with you to teach you how to properly do it. He's a really, really nice guy and very helpful.

Earsbydrbill.com
      *Jennifer*
      Member GDC of Mid-Florida
      sigpic

Comment

Question- I hear that's some people (vets) are not taping until after the stitches come out? My vet tapped the day after surgery before he was sent home.... Am I confused?

Comment

I always waited until the stitches came out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsCraig View Post
            Question- I hear that's some people (vets) are not taping until after the stitches come out? My vet tapped the day after surgery before he was sent home.... Am I confused?
            If tape is covering the sutures, I would personally take the tape off ASAP. If they are taped, but the edges are exposed to the air, then they are fine. No tape should ever cover the sutures.

Comment

The tape isn't on the sutures. And the sutures have great exposure to air the way they are taped. Thanks for the responses... There is always more than one way to skin a cat! (That saying is awful btw)
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352930100.056268.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MrsCraig View Post
                The tape isn't on the sutures. And the sutures have great exposure to air the way they are taped. Thanks for the responses... There is always more than one way to skin a cat! (That saying is awful btw)
                [ATTACH]14395[/ATTACH]
                That looks fine. Honestly though, I don't think it's necessary to have that entire contraption on the ears while the edges are healing.

I disagree that there is "more than one way to skin a cat". If the edges are taped, the likelihood of infection is much greater. For a purely cosmetic surgery, it's not fair for the pup to make the risks greater when they don't have to be. It just gives the anti-cropping crowd more to argue about

Comment

With my "more than one way to skin a cat" comment, it was directed towards the method that "some vets tape (with edges exposed) an some vets don't tape at all until sutures come out.

Comment

That is serious headgear, but it can't hurt.

My last litter had sponges glued to the top of the head and the ears glued across the sponge, edges exposed. There was nothing to keep them from scratching but they didn't try... It worked fine.
                    *Jennifer*
                    sigpic

Comment

I hate I've hijacked this thread! Butcher it comes to my babies I would rather be safe than sorry- all it takes is one bad scratch to those ears to do serious damage! It's my responsibility as his owner to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. I really love all if the support and advice from all of you! I'd be lost without DOL!

Comment

Lol. Did you mean to type "butcher" or was that a typo? If a typo, it's really really fun considering the topic. Haha...
                        *Jennifer*
                        sigpic

Comment

Dear Lord! PETA is gonna get me now! No- I didn't mean to put that. Funny how ironic autocorrect can be! And to ocean blue danes- crazy kudos to breeders who crop a litter at a time- granted y'all are prob experts- but I can barely handle one!

Comment

Working...
                          X