No announcement yet.

First taping job..any recommendations??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it in no time at all! Everyone starts somewhere and develops a good technique from practice. After a couple postings, you'll feel much more comfortable wrapping. After a few more, you'll feel like a pro!

The bridge was tricky to me first also. I kept worrying I wouldn't do it with the right length, or that the ears would be lopsided. The good news is, it's much easier to redo the bridge than the whole tape job! Again, just with some practice, you'll be an expert. The biggest advice there is to keep the ears at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock position to avoid the ears from falling inward toward the head.

As far as removing tapes, get ahold of some Uni-Solve ASAP. Smith & Nephew makes it and I buy it on Amazon, but you can also get it from medical suppliers. This stuff is incredible and I don't know what I'd do without it! Its human medical grade liquid adhesive remover and your pup will thank you for using it to remove tapes and/or glue whether it's only been on for 5 minutes, or 5 days. Unisolve will just melt the sticky away like you wouldn't believe and your puppy will begin to actually enjoy the process since it's painless and prevents pulling the hair out.

~Dana~
    Proud momma of Diesel and Eva
    sigpic

Rest in peace, my sweet angel Dixie 3/2/2013

Comment

Working...
    X