Could it be? Are we d-d-done?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could it be? Are we d-d-done?!?!

It has been 5 days since Athena's ears have been taped. She is just over 6 months old and has a very long show crop. This is the longest we have gone without taping (previously, flimsy and falling after 3 days) and they are strong as can be, not flimsy at all.

Who thinks we could be done taping?

*Jennifer*
    Member GDC of Mid-Florida
    sigpic

Time will certainly tell. She is such a beautiful girl.
    sigpic

Comment

Not that I mind taping at all, but when I went to tape them back up I just couldn't do it. They were still so strong and standing so perfect.

I will tape again at the first sign of weakness - it just hasn't happened yet. To be honest, I'm quite shocked...
      *Jennifer*
      sigpic

Comment

She is beautiful! Her ears look awesome!

Comment

Wow! What a looker! She and her ears look great. Fingers crossed that you may be done taping....
          sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
          Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
          Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
          Jadzia-Dane (2010-
          Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

Those ears look awesome!!!!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers for you!!
            sigpic
            <, and Stef
            <'
            What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

She is just gorgeous! Those ears look perfect, great job!! By the way, I LOVE that photo of her in the dog bed... My 35lb mutt has the same bed and the 7 month old and 85lb Diesel lays in it exactly like Athena is in that picture. I laugh every night when I see him try to squeeze in there!

Fingers crossed you really are done taping! That was mighty quick for a longer crop like hers. She looks stunning!

~Dana~
              Proud momma of Diesel and Eva
              sigpic

Rest in peace, my sweet angel Dixie 3/2/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Derangedfox View Post
                She is just gorgeous! Those ears look perfect, great job!! By the way, I LOVE that photo of her in the dog bed... My 35lb mutt has the same bed and the 7 month old and 85lb Diesel lays in it exactly like Athena is in that picture. I laugh every night when I see him try to squeeze in there!

Fingers crossed you really are done taping! That was mighty quick for a longer crop like hers. She looks stunning!

~Dana~
                Proud momma of Diesel and Eva
                That poor bed has been through an aweful lot! It kind of folds inward on itself so she wedges in there to get inside it and then uses the edge as her pillow.

Athena has a weird obsession with insisting on having something (anything) on which to rest her head. Last weekend, at the dog show, we were sitting outside the ring waiting for her class to be called and she literally rested her head on the ring fence thingy. It was pretty funny...
                *Jennifer*
                sigpic

Comment

It's really quite odd with Athena... she looks so small puppy-ish in her pics. She is sooo much bigger in person then she appears in the photos you post. On the flipside, she always looks like a puddle of velvet and in person, she really is just that squishy mushy soft. Raw feeding is doing so well for her, her coat is sooo shiny!!

Phin sends slobbery kisses all over her head!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                    It's really quite odd with Athena... she looks so small puppy-ish in her pics. She is sooo much bigger in person then she appears in the photos you post. On the flipside, she always looks like a puddle of velvet and in person, she really is just that squishy mushy soft. Raw feeding is doing so well for her, her coat is sooo shiny!!

Phin sends slobbery kisses all over her head!
                    I am LOVING the way Raw is treating her! Her coat is absolutely amazing. And she is so solid, people actually think I over-feed her. But she is NOT overweight, I don't know how to describe her body condition other than solid. You can see the faint outline of her last couple ribs when she's standing. No protruding hip bones. She's just shy of 30" at 6 months and has been growing very steady on Raw. Now if her front end could just keep up with her A**! lol
                    *Jennifer*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbluedanes View Post
                      I am LOVING the way Raw is treating her! Her coat is absolutely amazing. And she is so solid, people actually think I over-feed her. But she is NOT overweight, I don't know how to describe her body condition other than solid. You can see the faint outline of her last couple ribs when she's standing. No protruding hip bones. She's just shy of 30" at 6 months and has been growing very steady on Raw. Now if her front end could just keep up with her A**! lol
                      Oh goodness no, she isn't overweight. She has a lot of substance to her like her momma. Raw really has done her good. When we saw y'all last, I was so impressed how nice her coat is and it's just so shiny.

That's what I'm saying.... her pics make her look so wee-little. She is a big girl! You'd never know she was nearing 30" from her pics. I'm placing my bet that she will be bigger then Belle. She has a lot of nice bone on her.

I'm a fan!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                        Oh goodness no, she isn't overweight. She has a lot of substance to her like her momma. Raw really has done her good. When we saw y'all last, I was so impressed how nice her coat is and it's just so shiny.

That's what I'm saying.... her pics make her look so wee-little. She is a big girl! You'd never know she was nearing 30" from her pics. I'm placing my bet that she will be bigger then Belle. She has a lot of nice bone on her.

I'm a fan!
                        No really!?! You like Athena!? Never would have guessed.

Funny you mention it, I think she will be taller than Belle too. Time will tell.
                        *Jennifer*
                        sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous.
                          sigpic
                          Merlin and Rexi

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbluedanes View Post
                            No really!?! You like Athena!? Never would have guessed.

Funny you mention it, I think she will be taller than Belle too. Time will tell.
                            Yuppers. One day I'll be able to say, "See that Grand Champion.. I saw her win her very first puppy match!"

I love me some soft squishy velvet faced Athena with those exotic eyes!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Riddle is 7 months and his ears have been down a week and a half now. I'm thinking I'll put them up for one more week and call it done.
                              Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
                              Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Working...
                              X