Eve just going in for Ears...please keep her in your prayers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve just going in for Ears...please keep her in your prayers

Hi, Just dropped Eve off with diffferent sets of pictures from my 1st choice to
    not at all. Her Vet will use them after looking at her ear leather and wants her back
    Friday or Sat to look at them. Please keep her in your thoughts today.

Thanks,Angie

Hoping all goes well for her! Show us pics of her crop once she's in the clear!
    *Jennifer*
    Member GDC of Mid-Florida
    sigpic

Comment

Sending good vibes! I also look forward to the future pics!

If you don't own Original Gold Bond Powder, pick some up. It is your friend.
      sigpic
      <, and Stef
      <'
      What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

I second Gold Bond and also Smith & Nephew Unisolve to remove tape (can be ordered through any major pharmacy)!
        sigpic
        Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
        Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Thanks y'all...I will pick that up! She is doing great....eating good and wanting to play with her Peke sister. Her Vet said she will see her at no chrge unless it's a long drawn out
          process.....then just bandage fee. I do need to learn how to tape myself though. I will post
          pics as soon as I get them resized.

Comment

Originally posted by Eves Mom View Post
            Thanks y'all...I will pick that up! She is doing great....eating good and wanting to play with her Peke sister. Her Vet said she will see her at no chrge unless it's a long drawn out
            process.....then just bandage fee. I do need to learn how to tape myself though. I will post
            Most likely your vet means that they will take care of the initial aftercare and possibly a few tapings until you get comfortable with it. Danes tend to have very long crops compared to other breeds and so the taping process is much longer.

IME, I have never had a vet willing to do the taping process free of charge. Nor would I want them to, I prefer to do it myself...
            *Jennifer*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eves Mom View Post
              Ohhh ok, thanks! I do want to learn anyway :-)

Comment

Eve's Friday Update

Hi, Eve had her two day check up today and I was abke to talj to the vet since her surgery.
                She said everything looked really good...she taped them back up ( I didn't get to see
                them ) and wants her back in Monday morning or I have to call her cell if the tape comes off. She said she knew it was hard but to think of it as a Christmas present...I know it's
                there but just can't unwrap it yet...that her main goal was to keep them pulled tight and taped right now. She said she would teach me how to wrap when the time comes...so far she has been so good to Eve and me. I brought diff pictures of crops in with numbers from fav to worst on the back and found out today she did my first choice..long show crop
                I was told bf the crop she had to look at her ear leather and would choose in order that would work with her ear leather...so that was nice suprise! I am SO happy sone members recomended I wait and not get her littermate! I like having more time for just Eve.

Comment

Oh man, I don't think I could stand it to not see the crop! Lol. But that's me and I've been through a good many crop jobs...

Did your vet tape them in such a way as to cover the incision? That would concern me quite a bit. Infection is so much more likely when the incisions are not exposed and allowed to air. In all my years of croppings, the pups always, hands down, did better when the incisions were exposed.

Glad to hear she is doing good. Take some pics when you can...
                  *Jennifer*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceanbluedanes View Post
                    Oh man, I don't think I could stand it to not see the crop! Lol. But that's me and I've been through a good many crop jobs...

Did your vet tape them in such a way as to cover the incision? That would concern me quite a bit. Infection is so much more likely when the incisions are not exposed and allowed to air. In all my years of croppings, the pups always, hands down, did better when the incisions were exposed.

Glad to hear she is doing good. Take some pics when you can...
                    I am sure I could go in the room...she just always gets her from the lobby and says we won't be long. The very edge around around the base and side of where her stiches are
                    barely Opened. I am glad we live close bc she sees her every two days right now.
                    I need to resize pics so I can show y'all.

Comment

Working...
                    X