9 months & ears won't stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 months & ears won't stand

I have a 9 month old male Dane and his ears won't stand. The vet would like to re-crop and make them a bit thinner and shorter. I hate to put him through that but I'm tired of taping as well. I also own his sister and her ears have been standing beautifully since she was 5 month old. This is Dane 5 & 6 for me and I don't remember having this much trouble in the past. Maybe I have conveniently blocked it out of my memory. Does it take longer to get males ears to stand? Thanks for any help in the matter.

9 months is nothing. I'd say the average is 6-9 months, but some dogs require up to 2 years of taping.
    Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
    Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Would it be possible for you to post a few pics of the ears?
      *Jennifer*
      Member GDC of Mid-Florida
      sigpic

Comment

I will try to post a picture tomorrow. I can't figure out how to post a picture from my iPad and I don't have my laptop with me. New technology is maddening!

Comment

I would keep it up and definitely post pics. What method are you using and where are they falling?
          Katie & Scarlett
          sigpic

Comment

Most males ears dont stand at 9 months anyway, and never let them rest untaped, only long enough to clean and dry or your undoing any progress gained.
            What method do you use and please post pics...
            Old Mission Great Danes
            www.OldMissionDanes.com
            Member: GDCA & Great Dane Club of Michigan

Comment

Working...
            X