Magnus Ears Standing 9.5wks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Ears Standing 9.5wks!

I just love my pretty boy. This was just after removing his tape at 9.5 weeks - his first taping after the original taping with his hat. His ears were done by Dr. Schauffer.

9.5wks:

Taped at 8.5wks:
    sigpic

Awww, so cute. Looks like he's going to be a big boy! Love his markings too.
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful boy! It looks like a shorter crop then some I've seen. Probably why they are standing so lovely at his age. Looking good.

The show crops on tiny pups always make me think of ET trying to phone home... I dunno.. it's what comes to mind until they grow into their ears. They are just too darling with those giant ears. Love them!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! He has the medium show crop, so it's a bit shorter than the regular long one!
        sigpic

Comment

What taping method are you using? I see in the last photo it looks like a minimal amount of tape- I would prefer that to what I've been doing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337396118.404794.jpg

Comment

Does he still have stitches in? That is weird to be taping already if he does. He looks good though. I wouldn't leave them out of tapes for to long though (3-4 hours).
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Ryuns Danes: I will ask my breeder for the link to the step by step instructions and I will PM it to you ASAP. It is so easy and holds up very well. Evidently this method is good because you aren't closing up the ear canal at all, and it doesn't bother the puppies.

He was taped for 5 days I think with the stitches, and they are now removed and his ears are completely healed as he's 11wks today! His tape comes off Sunday I'm pretty sure, and straight back up! My breeder had me give him breaks when he had his stitches still.
              Last edited by megan19; 05-18-2012, 09:14 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh and thanks so much Katie - ever since I started researching Danes on here a couple years ago I remember you and Scarlet. I just love Scarlet, she is beautiful!

And Sparrow, I actually PMed you a year or two ago asking about your Danes ears because I loved the length and shape!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

Oh, in response to Angel, the ears do look a bit short in the first two pics but in the last few the length looks similar to Scarlett's, so I think they will look fine when he is an adult. Could just be the photo angle playing tricks. Sometimes Scarlett's ears look short in pics and in others they look really long. Here's a few pics of Scarlett untaped at 12wks so you can compare - she has a medium show crop as well and they stood very easily even when she was very young.

You can see her as an adult in my profile and sig pics.
                  Attached Files
                  Katie & Scarlett
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatos View Post
                    Thanks.

Oh, in response to Angel, the ears do look a bit short in the first two pics but in the last few the length looks similar to Scarlett's, so I think they will look fine when he is an adult. Could just be the photo angle playing tricks. Sometimes Scarlett's ears look short in pics and in others they look really long. Here's a few pics of Scarlett untaped at 12wks so you can compare - she has a medium show crop as well and they stood very easily even when she was very young.

You can see her as an adult in my profile and sig pics.
                    I dunno, Scarlett's ears look longer in the pics you just posted. You might be right and just camera angles playing tricks. They just look very short in the photos. As you pointed out, the first two pics make them look very short. Not so much in the last ones. I agree with that.

Short.. medium.. long... Magnus has himself a set of really lovely ears.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very cute boy!
                      I love how he has one black ear and one white ear
                      sigpic
                      "Gia" and Olivia
                      Am CH/Can GCH Kiltic Daynakin HunymoonNVegas CGN CHIC
                      LiveSky Great Danes

Comment

Yeah, now that I look again they do look a bit longer. But they are also more narrow and were pointing forward, alert (roomie's kitten had just entered the room if I remember correctly, haha). Either way, he looks good!

PS...seeing those pics of Scarlett again made me swoon. Not to toot my own horn, but gosh was she ever a CUTE puppy!!!!!!
                        Katie & Scarlett
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice pup! And nice ears! Dr Shaffer does all mine also.
                          who did you get your baby from?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatos View Post
                            Yeah, now that I look again they do look a bit longer. But they are also more narrow and were pointing forward, alert (roomie's kitten had just entered the room if I remember correctly, haha). Either way, he looks good!

PS...seeing those pics of Scarlett again made me swoon. Not to toot my own horn, but gosh was she ever a CUTE puppy!!!!!!
                            Forget puppy pics... your new signature is stunning! What a beautiful girl Scarlett is! Such a nice shiny coat too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I think the crop is nice, but a little short. Somewhere between pet and medium crop. Should stand quickly.
                              sigpic
                              Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                              Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                              www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Working...
                              X