Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

angeldane At what age did you have your danes ears done

Comment

When you say that her ear set look ok what do you mean? Do you mean it looks ok?lol It looks good? It does not look the best?lol

Comment

Originally posted by mersc726 View Post
        angeldane At what age did you have your danes ears done
        I didn't, I got a Dane who ears were cropped when she was with breeder I believe they cropped at 7 weeks. Many breeders crop before sending puppies out and they normally do so at 6-8 weeks. Most seem to do it at 7 weeks and keep pups until stitches are out or a week post crop.
        I know a couple of natural ear breeders near me who will crop at buyers request but they keep pup extra long.
        Many breeders do send pups to new homes with ears still in cups.
        Its much easier for pups to be cropped earlier than later. 7 weeks is a good age.
        One of my Danes is natural and other cropped.
        I know couple of folks who had Danes ears cropped, best look and quicker standing time were mid show crops.
        All the Euros I see have crummy ears that don't stand with long crops but I saw at least a couple with good looking mid crop. The real thick ears that are real low set look horrible and don't stand, real thin leather has the tendency to be floppy at the tips.

Comment

Ok well do you think 8 weeks is 2 late because the cropper said the earliest he would do them was 8 weeks

Comment

8 weeks will be fine.

Comment

nevermind...
              Last edited by WeLoveOur7Dogs; 05-05-2012, 04:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Have you already brought the puppy home?
                Last edited by Carrie11; 05-05-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X