Tips are still curling at 4.5 months.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips are still curling at 4.5 months.

Tips are still curling at 4.5 months. The bases are solid, it's just the last 1/4 inch on the tip..they curl inward..is it okay just to tape the tips..will they ever harden? Vet said they would on their own but I hate to have come this far and then not do everything I can....any input appreciated....
    1 Great Dane, 1 Boxer, 1 Corgi Mix, 2 Devon Rex, 2 barn cats, 2 Quarter Horses (plus 9 other horses who board here), 2 Minis, one chinchilla, 26 chickens - welcome to the Funny Farm!

Hi,
    What I have done is used some heavy Duty Breath Rite Strips in the ear - I trim to fit, then use 3 dots of super glue or skin bond and glue in place.

These will stay in place for about 10 days before falling out in their own.

kim
    sigpic

Comment

Mmmh, Kim, that sounds really interesting and like it might work...do you happen to have any pics or instructions on how to do this right? Thanks!!
      1 Great Dane, 1 Boxer, 1 Corgi Mix, 2 Devon Rex, 2 barn cats, 2 Quarter Horses (plus 9 other horses who board here), 2 Minis, one chinchilla, 26 chickens - welcome to the Funny Farm!

Comment

I am still taping Tempo's tips at almost 11 months...I wrap tape around 5 or 6 qtips then back tape and put these in his tips...I tape the ear up about 1/2 way down...Tempo's ears go up and down as we hip growth spurts...
        sigpic Shash
        Flynn always in my heart
        Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
        Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

http://www.greatdanelady.com/article..._ears_text.htm

its the last photo and bit of instructions on the page... This does work.
          sigpic

Comment

The photos provided are great. I've read the suggestion a ton of times but I think that website describes it well.... and photos never hurt
            sigpic
            Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
            Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
            Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

I did it, it worked really well, thanks for the tip..they didn't have skin bond so I used crazy glue...now I'm worried I won't ever get them off?

Comment

When I used BRS in Rupert's ears I judt added some generic skin glue to the sticky side of the strip and taped it onto the outside of his ear. No extra tape was required. And people have glued it to the inside instead (probably more often). I don't know why I did the outside first! But I think it works fine either way.

~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
                X