help! need to find a good vet that does ear croppings in AL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! need to find a good vet that does ear croppings in AL

I have called around and talked to show breeders and most get there's done out of state is there anybody that knows of a good one in Alabama please help thank u in advances
    sigpic u better love me because its all mine!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love a dane

Are you asking for your current pup? You mentioned in your intro that you weren't pleased with your breeder selection, so I gather that you already know that this should have been arranged before taking him/her home. How old is your pup?
    Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
    Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

7 weeks this past Monday but I like my pup just wasn't impressed with the breeder but like I said that's my fault I should have done my home work

Comment

Originally posted by sweet- love - danes! View Post
        7 weeks this past Monday but I like my pup just wasn't impressed with the breeder but like I said that's my fault I should have done my home work
        So i guess you bought the pup at 6 weeks?Ok well you have a couple weeks to find a vet to crop.If you really want to crop her you may need to travel.

Comment

7 weeks?! That's too bad, sounds like your breeder really is a byb, since no reputable breeder would let a pup go home before 8. I only asked about the age because if arrangements aren't made with the breeder ahead of time the pup is sometimes too old. Definitely not in your case, though. Hopefully someone can make a recommendation on a cropping vet for you. You'll also want to start preparing yourself for training, since puppies taken from their litters that early often have behavior issues related to that. As soon as the vaccinations are in order, I would enroll in a puppy class.
          Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
          Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

Originally posted by Leonidas&Fam View Post
            7 weeks?! That's too bad, sounds like your breeder really is a byb, since no reputable breeder would let a pup go home before 8. I only asked about the age because if arrangements aren't made with the breeder ahead of time the pup is sometimes too old. Definitely not in your case, though. Hopefully someone can make a recommendation on a cropping vet for you. You'll also want to start preparing yourself for training, since puppies taken from their litters that early often have behavior issues related to that. As soon as the vaccinations are in order, I would enroll in a puppy class.
            Some states do allow you to sell pups at 7 weeks not sure if alabama is one of them?But looking at the sig picture i bet the pup was 6 weeks.

Comment

Even if the state DID allow purchase at 7 weeks, I would let the pup stay and learn from mom and littermates for that extra week. You might just have to travel for the crop. It's worth it. Check with kennel clubs in your area and ask if there are any Dane people in the group. You can also check GDCA site and look at your state for breeders to call and ask about cropping. Just make sure whoever you get is experienced with DANE CROPS, not just crops in general or you will/can have a horrible looking result.

Martha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daneowned View Post
                Even if the state DID allow purchase at 7 weeks, I would let the pup stay and learn from mom and littermates for that extra week. You might just have to travel for the crop. It's worth it. Check with kennel clubs in your area and ask if there are any Dane people in the group. You can also check GDCA site and look at your state for breeders to call and ask about cropping. Just make sure whoever you get is experienced with DANE CROPS, not just crops in general or you will/can have a horrible looking result.

Martha
                Oh i agree mine left at 9 weeks just stating different laws thats all.

Comment

Yeah I talk to a lady off gdca and she told me a vet here but she gets hers done in Chicago and I called him but he won't do a cropping until 12 to 14 weeks so that gave me my answer on him lol but yes I did get her at 6 weeks she told me I could get her at 6 to 8 weeks so I didn't know at the time I just found yall and that's when I found this out but her words where u can get her at 6 or u can wait until 8 and she will have two rounds of shots so I should have done my home work but everybody recommended her so and considering I have a 8 month old with hip D. U would have thought my pup that coast a grand the breeder would have at leased known there Crap or me one lol I will not let this happen again and yes I have looked into classes as soon as all her vaccinations are done we will be there but I'm happy I found this site and I read the great dane lady's web page so I'm trying to do better for my baby's and sorry it takes me so long to reply I use my cell to get on here so typing takes longer

Comment

Originally posted by daneslave View Post
                    Oh i agree mine left at 9 weeks just stating different laws thats all.
                    Sorry if I sounded like I was picking on ya' I really wasn't. I got mine at nine weeks, too.

Martha
                    sigpic

Comment

No u didn't I just wished I would have slowed down to smell the roses I just hate it because my best friend asked me how it went because she knew how down I had been about getting the news about my male haveing hip D. A week and a half ago and I told her I wasn't impressed with the breeder and it sucked to have to tell her that when she is wanting a pup but she wants a pet not a breeder but I have no one to refer her to but I did tell her the one good thing is she can learn from my mistakes so not all is lost

Comment

www.earsbydrbill.com

He is THE BEST. Google maps says 6 hours each way which is somewhat shorter of a trip than it was for me. I went to visit the Biltmore estate while he was under and then took a nap and hit the road to go home.

Comment

Awesome thank u so much for the info

Comment

Dr. Bill has cropped all of my danes, as well.
                            sigpic
                            Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                            Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                            www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

A week and a half ago and I told her I wasn't impressed with the breeder and it sucked to have to tell her that when she is wanting a pup but she wants a pet not a breeder but I have no one to refer her to but I did tell her the one good thing is she can learn from my mistakes so not all is lost
                              sorry if I missed it...but did you get this pup with the intention to breed her? or am I just misreading your statement above?
                              sigpic
                              Debbie & Murphy

Comment

Working...
                              X