Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAR CROP POLL...How long from start to finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAR CROP POLL...How long from start to finish?

Just wondering my pup is 8 month's and we are still taping...I know some take longer then other's just wanted to take a poll as to what age your Dane's ears were completely finished???
    Asiasigpic

Kava was cropped at 8 weeks and done by 6 months (medium show crop). Kaos was cropped at 7.5 wks and done by 7 months (very long show crop). I am very vigilant and somewhat of a perfectionist with tapings, though.
    sigpic
    Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
    Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
    www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Scarlett was cropped at 7.5wks and finished taping at 6.5mos.
      Katie & Scarlett
      sigpic

Comment

Let's see all of mine have been cropped at 7-8 weeks by their breeders and all were show crops.
        1st was, gosh, maybe 6 months? He was done really soon, his tips curl slightly inward, but still look good.
        2nd was FOREVER. He has a lazy ear so we kept taping just that one for well over a year.
        3rd was 8ish months I think. She also had a lazy ear in the ring, but outside the ring she didn't
        4th was 9-10 months. He has one tip that curls--you can see it in my avatar, he was playing and cut his ear around 7 months so he was out of tapes for too long and that part just never stood.
        5th was around 8 months too--she had one tip that curled and I just kept taping the tip. It still does every once in awhile when she is tired, but most of the time they are good.
        Meg
        AeroDanes

Comment

Zephyr was cropped at 9 weeks, medium show crop, and was done at a little after 6 months.
          Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
          Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Zoe-14months Long show crop
            Mickey-10months Long show crop
            Libbie-4months Long show crop
            Felicity-15months Long and still taping

all cropped between 7 1/2 to 8 weeks.
            Last edited by Susanne; 10-08-2010, 07:46 AM.
            Member:
            Macon Kennel Club
            & Great Dane Club of the Mid-South

Comment

I know this will sound insane but we cropped Sadie's at 10 weeks and she only had three weeks of postings and she's got a beautiful medium crop. I will try and upload photos of her.

Don't go according to the avatar picture, she was inbetween postings and had the zoomies!

Comment

8 weeks for the crop, medium crop, done at 7.5 months.
                ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

7-8 weeks
                  Long Show Crop
                  Was done in 6 months, but I kept taping until around 9 months due to being a fanatic (or as others say being nuts), and his ears are perfect.

I think a lot has to do with how the tapes are done, materials, diligence, little down time, etc., as well as the the Danes ear leather, and how they tolerate it. The other major factor is how they are cropped and by whom.
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910

Comment

2 1/2 years of taping-long show crop. Still have one lazy ear. In cold weather it stands like a champ.
                    sigpic
                    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Both Rufus and Macy were cropped at 7 to 7 1/2 weeks.

Rufus was taped for over a year, not sure what length crop he had (med show?) and the tips still melted a little in the heat and humidity and his one ear would droop occasionally. Ironically enough, it was the same ear his father couldn't keep standing correctly either.

Macy was taped until about 6-7 months, I can't remember exactly. Her ears seem a little longer than Ru's compared to her head, but her head isn't as wide and bulky as his was so it may just be an optical illusion. Hers stand nicely although they do "list" a little to one side. At 15 mths, I have considered trying to tape them again to fix it, but wasn't sure if its too late to fix or not.
                      Rachael

sigpic

Comment

My avatar dog River was cropped at 14 and weeks and taped until roughly 6 months. Current dog Eden was cropped at 9 weeks and I taped for 18 months and gave up. They stand half way up

Comment

Mona - Cropped at 7 weeks Med Show crop Standing by 5 months.

Kobi - Cropped at 11 weeks..... (Med show crop - We will see......)
                          sigpic

Comment

She was cropped at 7 1/2 weeks.
                            She is 5 1/2 months old and they will stand for several days at a time.....though I've only done that once. I'm anal about making sure they stand!! I think she'll be done between 6-7months. She has a very long show crop.

Comment

Lexie was cropped at 7 weeks and was done taping at 6 - 6.5 months. She has a medium-long show crop.

Comment

Working...
                              X