X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MyDaneBaby
    started a topic ready to tape

ready to tape

it's been such a long time - wish me luck, LOL.

They're about 5 1/2 inches long so should be a good length when he's all growed up....

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
    I normally use the cup method for 3 weeks.........sometimes longer until there are no raw spots and everything is healed completely. If the ear grows, I just add another cup to make it tall.

I just know that when Ive started to tape too early, I end up with bad sores.

Good Luck!
    They are completely healed, no raw spots - even the guy who did his crop comented he couldn't believe how healed he was. Use Fura Zone on your next crop, the stuff is amazing. The bell is all healed up today.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn
    replied
    I normally use the cup method for 3 weeks.........sometimes longer until there are no raw spots and everything is healed completely. If the ear grows, I just add another cup to make it tall.

I just know that when Ive started to tape too early, I end up with bad sores.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    Originally posted by redheadsnotwarheads View Post
    Just repeat this mantra when the urge strikes "I must not throw the (insert - dog, scissors, assistant, tape etc..) through the window.."
    LOL - we'll get through this. I went through that when I was hoping to get Stewie's ears to stand - I was frustrated beyond belief.

Leave a comment:

• ngould
    replied
    Can't wait to see him with his ears standing! He's going to look sooo handsome

Leave a comment:

• redheadsnotwarheads
    replied
    Just repeat this mantra when the urge strikes "I must not throw the (insert - dog, scissors, assistant, tape etc..) through the window.."

Leave a comment:

• zipsmom
    replied
    Well, have fun for the next bit of time!! Brings back memories!! Have to admit, he is one good looking puppy. You must have done something great (oh, that would be finding Stewie his perfect home!).

Leave a comment:

• crdane
    replied
    You can keep the cup with the coat for memories of old times. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    Originally posted by crdane View Post
    Did you take off the cup, or did it fall off? I was amazed at how long he tolerated that thing on his head.
    That was his second cup & it wasn't bothering him, just had to take it down 'cause his ears grew & there was a huge space from cup to head, LOL

Leave a comment:

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
    Theres still rare sides.........I wouldnt tape until there is NO scabs at all. Sides should be completely healed before covering with tape.......especially the base.
    Thanks. I'm not posting into the bell, so he should be fine. The scab on the side fell off, the edges are clean/healed. It's the weirdest thing, but his ears must have grown overnight - the cup which fit, was able to lift up a good 3/4 inch - totally weird.

Leave a comment:

• CCRom
    replied
    Looks like they are healing really well...good luck~

Leave a comment:

• crdane
    replied
    Did you take off the cup, or did it fall off? I was amazed at how long he tolerated that thing on his head.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn
    replied
    Theres still rare sides.........I wouldnt tape until there is NO scabs at all. Sides should be completely healed before covering with tape.......especially the base.

Leave a comment:

• Quinn
    replied
    I want to kiss him right smack in the middle of those cute lips!!
    He's gonna look great

Leave a comment:

• MyDaneBaby
    replied
    LOL he's not scared - he's a very serious looking pup.

I'm not doing his ears 'til tonight anyway, so nothing to fear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X