X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SZZZL
    started a topic Gunner's Crop

Gunner's Crop

This was about an hour after we took his tapes off. This has been his second taping. They actually stood better the first time the tapes came off. I was hoping after the first taping we were going to be the lucky ones! Still keeping my fingers crossed! After about 3-4 hours the tips looked like airplane wings
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SZZZL; 02-05-2010, 02:35 PM.

• Malyshka
    replied
    Originally posted by lwrees72 View Post
    Martha my understanding is that she will let breeders tape their own, but Joe Schmoe is required to bring the dog in for each taping.
    That's crazy!

Leave a comment:

• lwrees72
    replied
    Originally posted by daneowned View Post
    Things must've have changed at Dr. Edwards office since Murphy's crop was done. Of course, the breeder had the whole litter done so maybe she doesn't demand that they keep coming back there for tapings in that case. I don't know, but I did all Murphy's taping myself. If I had another Dane pup, I'd love her to do it again but there's no way I'd drive 4 hours to Atlanta to change tape!!!

Martha
    Martha my understanding is that she will let breeders tape their own, but Joe Schmoe is required to bring the dog in for each taping.

Leave a comment:

• daneowned
    replied
    Things must've have changed at Dr. Edwards office since Murphy's crop was done. Of course, the breeder had the whole litter done so maybe she doesn't demand that they keep coming back there for tapings in that case. I don't know, but I did all Murphy's taping myself. If I had another Dane pup, I'd love her to do it again but there's no way I'd drive 4 hours to Atlanta to change tape!!!

Martha

Leave a comment:

• SZZZL
    replied
    Yes It's Dr. Edwards. I won't post anymore tonight....... but suffice it to say I will be learning how to tape myself! Let's call her Customer Service a F-!!!!!!

In a day or 2 I will post more specifics so folks can be informed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Malyshka
    replied
    Originally posted by SZZZL View Post
    The vet wants him out of the tapes for 24 hours before re-taping. We take him back to her each time to re-tape. They have us keep them taped for 10 days. She uses a foam post to tape them. Our breeder recommended her, she has been doing ears for 39 years and did her dogs.
    It's a long drive (1 1/2 hours each way) but we wanted to make sure they were done by someone with a lot of experience. Our normal vet would do them but he doesn't do very many so we go for the car ride and the bigger $'s
    From what I can determine that's most of her business, every time we are there it's nothing but puppies with ear crops.

Rupert's LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!
    Try and do it yourself. It really isn't that hard. Have your vet show you how to do it, and watch the youtube videos. To drive 3 hours every 10 days seems so unnecessary. We can now tape Max in under 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    Thank you for the compliment.

I'm thinking you might benefit from learning to tape them up yourself if you were willing. Just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• lwrees72
    replied
    Dr Edwards?

Leave a comment:

• SZZZL
    replied
    The vet wants him out of the tapes for 24 hours before re-taping. We take him back to her each time to re-tape. They have us keep them taped for 10 days. She uses a foam post to tape them. Our breeder recommended her, she has been doing ears for 39 years and did her dogs.
    It's a long drive (1 1/2 hours each way) but we wanted to make sure they were done by someone with a lot of experience. Our normal vet would do them but he doesn't do very many so we go for the car ride and the bigger $'s
    From what I can determine that's most of her business, every time we are there it's nothing but puppies with ear crops.

Rupert's LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparrow
    replied
    How long are you leaving him out of the tapes? I would let mine air out for a couple hours and then right back up again.

Leave a comment:

• SZZZL
    replied
    We just took down the tape and this is what we're seeing. The right ear was bent at the within 30 minutes. The left one stayed perfect until we woke up this morning and that tip is now bent over. Back to the tape this today!!!! Overall I'm still happy with what we're seeing!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SZZZL; 02-12-2010, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JDSmith619
    replied
    I love his ears!!

Leave a comment:

• daneowned
    replied
    They look very nice.

Martha

Leave a comment:

• zipsmom
    replied