This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
    Yes, I would still own danes but I will always hold a torch for the cropped look.

And best way to start a debate on DOL is to start an ear cropping thread...FYI.
    Okay lol, good to know, i'll avoid that then... strike that don't answer that...

part of the only reasons I joined was to ask this question I may have gotten out of hand, again i'm sorry sorry SORRY if I appear to bashing or anything I really amn't I don't dislike anyone or have any bad feelings towards anyone who crops I just don't understand it! But not understanding someone does not make me hate someone. So sorry again maybe we should just put this topic to rest....and i'll ask a less controversial question...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi's Mom View Post
      OK OK OK. Everybody CHIIIIIIIIIILL!!! We obviously have differing opinions and thats all cool but some people are starting to come across very rude. Maybe you should read more posts and try a different type of etique(sp) on here. We like to discuss things and appreciate different opinions but no need to sound like you are jumping down someone's throat or judging them.
      I LOVE CROPPED AND NATURAL EARED DANES
      I LOVE THEM ALL NO MATTER HOW REGAL OR GOOFY LOOKING.

Let your frustrations out by taking your dane for a jog. Maybe you will both feel better.
      ^Agreed, although it is a litte dark out here to go jogging :P
      sigpic

Comment

That's fine. I was just wondering because we don't normally start threads just to discuss peoples opinions of a controversial subject. If you were looking for the help on deciding whether or not to crop it might have been more appropriate.
        sigpic
        -Sara-
        -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_87 View Post
          That's fine. I was just wondering because we don't normally start threads just to discuss peoples opinions of a controversial subject. If you were looking for the help on deciding whether or not to crop it might have been more appropriate.
          No cropping is illegal here what I was wondering since I've never encountered someone who crops was the reasoning behind it since there is no legal reason here, although I now realise that that is a bit controversial and I may have seemed like I was jumping down some peoples throats... oops.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarlequinHorror View Post
            Okay lol, good to know, i'll avoid that then... strike that don't answer that...

part of the only reasons I joined was to ask this question I may have gotten out of hand, again i'm sorry sorry SORRY if I appear to bashing or anything I really amn't I don't dislike anyone or have any bad feelings towards anyone who crops I just don't understand it! But not understanding someone does not make me hate someone. So sorry again maybe we should just put this topic to rest....and i'll ask a less controversial question...
            It's understandable
            You are new and didnt see many recent questions on the matter because it is just , but trust me... do a search and you will find many. It is a controversial subject and in the end everyone agrees to disagree and understand that we all have a difference in opinion.

I personally would continue to own Danes if cropping was banned here in the U.S. But, I WILL try continue to keep it legal here... I will fight for my right to do what I please with my Danes and any other breed for that matter. That is the beauty of being here and being able to have a choice and fight for my choice.
            If I would have known HOW to tape when I got my Danes, I would have... but since I knew that finding a Vet that knows how to do a GOOD crop (it's a work of Art, not just any vet can do it) was going to be a PITA and I did not really know how to keep up the taping, I did not want to risk it. IMO, a natural earred dane is better than a Dane with a failed crop.

Anyway, glad that you joined! You'll find that everyone on here is just like you... we love our Great Danes to no ends <3 I know I love mine like crazy hehe.
            Nessa
            Last edited by Chul3l3ies1126; 02-05-2010, 02:59 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

okay thanks and about my name but somewhere down there some one commented on it but sorry if it appeared I was some noob obsessed with harlequins and harlequins only or something like that, i chose the name cos we have a harlequin (We previously owned a mantle) and my nick name for her is little horror she's not though....well, sometimes maybe...

Oh and is it possible to type in a keyword in a searchbar anywhere and see if there are already lots of whatever I want to post posted already so I don't put it to death? I wanted to ask something on wobblers but I don't know if theres a thread on it. Or will I just search through health?
              Last edited by HarlequinHorror; 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

okay thanks and about my name but somewhere down there some one commented on it but sorry if it appeared I was some noob obsessed with harlequins and harlequins only or something like that, i chose the name cos we have a harlequin (We previously owned a mantle) and my nick name for her is little horror she's not though....well, sometimes maybe...
                LoL I know at some point in EVERY danes life... they ARE little horrors!!! Haha so it's kool .
                Nessa
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chul3l3ies1126 View Post
                  I personally would continue to own Danes if cropping was banned here in the U.S. But, I WILL try continue to keep it legal here... I will fight for my right to do what I please with my Danes and any other breed for that matter. That is the beauty of being here and being able to have a choice and fight for my choice.
                  Same here if it was banned in Canada.

EDIT: At the top in the blue taskbars, click search. You'll find many threads on cropped vs. natural.
                  Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
                  Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

Oh and is it possible to type in a keyword in a searchbar anywhere and see if there are already lots of whatever I want to post posted already so I don't put it to death? I wanted to ask something on wobblers but I don't know if theres a thread on it. Or will I just search through health?
                    You can type in Wobblers in the search tab on the top bar... and every thread that has that word mentioned will come up. You can read through all of that if you'd like.

But if there is something specific you'd like to know... just post a new thread in the health section.

There is NOTHING wrong with asking questions. Wobblers is something that is good to ask about and know more about. No one will be upset about that. There are controversial things that will be beating a dead horse... and then there are Health Related things that will not start a controversy LoL!
                    Dont worry!
                    Nessa
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                      Same here if it was banned in Canada.

EDIT: At the top in the blue taskbars, click search. You'll find many threads on cropped vs. natural.
                      oh crap., i'm totally blind sorry, if i'd seen this i probably wouldn't of bothered posting...... newbie mistake..
                      sigpic

Comment

oh crap., i'm totally blind sorry, if i'd seen this i probably wouldn't of bothered posting...... newbie mistake..
                        Happens...
                        sigpic
                        -Sara-
                        -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

Working...
                        X