X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maxtmill
    started a topic ear cropping styles question

ear cropping styles question

Hi All! I am a new Dane owner, & loving it! My Donder came from a shower/breeder in NC. Usually companion animals are not cropped, but she said Donder's head was so much like his father's that she had him cropped to showcase his magnificant mug! My question is, are there different styles of ear crops, such as with Dobermanns? My boy has a very long tapered crop, but I see on this forum that alot of other dogs ears are of varying lengths, etc. I am definitely in the learning phase about this breed! There are so great!

• Begabone
    replied
    I would love to see pictures of your boy and his beautiful ears

Leave a comment:

• melisa22jo
    replied
    Glad to hear his ears are doing well! You should post some photos of Donder...we like to see pics of everyone's Danes!

Leave a comment:

• maxtmill
    replied
    Thanks for the reply! I also looked through this thread & found lots of info. At 8 months, my boy's ears are doing great. Only one ear is needing a breathe-rite strip, which is easy for me, as a novice, to do. It was interesting to me that, when I met Donder's sire & dam & littermates, the one female harlequin that the breeder was keeping for show was having a terrible time with her ears. They were heavily supported. Then there was my big guy, a merle who is not considered a properly marked Dane, with his long tapered ears gloriously perked up! HaHa! It was really nice to meet Donder's parents & 2 remaining littermates that were being kept by the breeder for show, because she was proud of their temperament & wanted to show them off! All were so sweet & gentle!

Leave a comment:

• melisa22jo
    replied
    Yes, you will see different types of crops on danes. Show danes have a long show crop, which is what is sounds like your boy has. Those with companions may opt for a medium length crop as these crops are easier to get to stand. Some have a short military crop...often done by a vet that is not experienced with cropping danes. They stand quicker, but do not look good on a dane.

So be diligent in your taping and Donder have some good looking ears!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X