Gus' ears after 2 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus' ears after 2 days

Well, we just took Gus' ears down to take a look at them and see how they were doing. They were only in tape less than 2 days and they are already standing! Yeah!! I know it won't last and we will re-tape but it was nice to see them up! I think they are a little shorter than I wanted but do you guys think they look ok?
    Attached Files
    sigpic"To Err is human, to forgive canine"

I think they look perfect. Very nice.
    sigpic
    Steeler

Comment

Very handsome Gus!!
      sigpic
      "Gia" and Olivia
      Am CH/Can GCH Kiltic Daynakin HunymoonNVegas CGN CHIC
      LiveSky Great Danes

Comment

I think they look fantastic. Looks like they healed up really well. How long are they? They look proportionate to his head now, but they may end up being a little short when he is grown. Have to wait and see!

Comment

Originally posted by Amiabull View Post
          I think they look fantastic. Looks like they healed up really well. How long are they? They look proportionate to his head now, but they may end up being a little short when he is grown. Have to wait and see!
          Thanks (everyone) for the nice comments.
          They are 5 inches from the bell. They did heal pretty well...They were done 3 weeks ago and my vet did the method of sending him home with
          them taped to the top of his head. (not posted in the cap) so after 2 weeks the stitches came out then we let them heal for about 5 days before taping. There are a couple of stitches still in the bell that will come out tomorrow..the vet said she wanted to leave them in an extra week.

Comment

I would think 5'' would be tall enough. I think he going to be one handsome fellow when he grows up, well he already is

Comment

He's a cute puppy, how old?

How long are they from the top of his head to the tip.

Comment

Too cute! It is such a thrill when they stand.
                Katie & Scarlett
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyDaneBaby View Post
                  He's a cute puppy, how old?

How long are they from the top of his head to the tip.
                  Thank you Mitch..he is 12 weeks old. From the highest part of his head they are 4 inches to the tip (best I could measure) crazy man is acting like a fool with the post out..hard to keep the little nut still!

Comment

Very cute. Looks like Max' ears after a few days of taping (see my album). I think Max' ears may be a little longer though....
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice nice nice!!!
                      Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
                      Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
                      http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

They are standing nicely. I think they will be a little short and they left a little too much bell for my preference. The good news is both of those attributes will make the ears stand faster and easier.
                        sigpic
                        Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                        Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

He is adorable and his ears look nice!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm no expert, but I like what I see in his pic! SO handsome! Even tho I don't know the technique, I'm picky in what I like about crops. Too long and they just look stupid. Too short and they look like a Pit. Gus' ears look just right
                            sigpic--Shana and Riley

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! Some pics they look longer. I think they look longer here? All in all we are pretty happy with the way they turned out. He will go today and get the stitches out of the bell.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X