Just being a crybaby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just being a crybaby

So the little man's ears are itchy today. I was trying to put anti itch powder on the bell & he cries each time I do it. I can't picture it's painful, but he doesn't make a peep until I pour it, so I thought I'd ask.

Is he just being a crybaby or is the powder painful???

I dont know if this is at all the same but for what its worth I had a severe case of ringworm about 6 years ago...it didnt look like normal ringworm so it took me awhile to figure out how to treat it. Anyways, in the meantime I used an anti itch powder...it defintely did really burn where it hit skin tht I had scratched open.

Comment

Poor guy. It is definately cutting down on the itchiness so I guess we'll tough it out. He stops crying once it's on so it must be a short lived discomfort.

Comment

EV hated the powder too. We ended up using the cream/gel stuff. We dabbed it on when she was passed out, it seemed to last her a little longer than the powder too.

Comment

yeah, for me it was an intense burn but short lived.

Comment

Aw, poor boy. Just remind him that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
            sigpic

Comment

Aw, poor Elton. He will be fine once the ears are all healed up. I never thought about the powder burning...but that makes sense!
              Katie & Scarlett
              sigpic

Comment

I've always used the powder that groomers use to pull the hair out of ears and it works great...no burning but always eased the itch. Just a thought...
                Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

What are you using? I have never had an issue with Gold Bond!
                  sigpic
                  Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                  Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                  www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

I got Zeasorb-AF - the cropper told me to get the powder for jock itch, which is what this is for. I saw the blue gold bond, but not the orange and wasn't sure if that was the right gold bond - I can pick some up tomorrow.

Comment

I use the Orangish/yellowish one.
                      sigpic
                      Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                      Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                      www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

The blue Gold Bond is maximum strength and has a menthol and peppermint additive, as in it cools. It actually made my toes feel cold when I used it in Kuwait at 115 F.

Comment

I'll pick up the yellow bottle tomorrow. He's doing much better now, so may not need it. Gwen has gotten over the initial shock of what the heck is wrong with his head so she's helping to take his mind off his woes.

She's such a good girl

Comment

Working...
                          X