Taping without a post?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taping without a post?

Hi all! Macy's ears are thankfully almost done. Her bells are well set and firm, but the top 1/3 stands 99% of the time but isn't as firm. I have been adding 1/2 packet of gelatin to each meal for the last few weeks.

Last night at handling class (what a total train wreck THAT was, LOL!) my breeder suggested taping her without the post. I had so much on my plate trying to figure out the handling thing I didn't get a chance to ask her how to do it. Anyone here tape without a post with their pup? Have any pics I could see?

Any help would be appreciated, they have been untaped for almost a week because I wanted the breeder to see her without the tapes on, but I would really like to get them back up tonight. They are so close to being done I don't want to screw them up at the point in the game.
    Rachael

sigpic

You can buy Breathe Rite Strips....take two and stick one on top of the other so that you get double strength. You can either add an adhesive and/or just stick the tacky side onto the inside of the ear, at the tip. If you don't want to add an adhesive, you can use the BRS and just wrap tape around the tip of the ear. I believe titan_87 posted a pic of Classic in BRS the other day.
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Katie!

I have tried breath rites with Rufus and could never get them to stay on even with the skin glue and/or tape. Macy is a major head shaker after I mess with her ears even if it is to just take them down. She will run around shaking and rubbing her head on the carpet so I didn't try them figuring she would have them off in about 30 seconds. If no other taping solutions are suggested though, I will certainly give it a try.

Give Scarlett a kiss for me!
      Rachael

sigpic

Comment

Oh, Macy! You troublemaker.

Worst case scenario if nothing else works is you just end up posting the whole ear for a few more weeks. No biggie.

Kisses sent to Scarlett! Scarlett says HI to her not-so-evil twin, Macy. Give your crew some head scratches from moi.
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

LOL! Will do!

If you had seen her at our first handling class last night, you might not call her "not-so-evil"!
          Last edited by sydney; 01-28-2010, 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
          Rachael

sigpic

Comment

For simply taping tips, many breeders use scotch tape. It can be removed quickly, without pulling out hair, but seems to give just enough tip support to keep them up. Simply tape the are where the ear tipe naturally tries to flop.
            sigpic
            Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
            Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
            www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

I use the same tape--just wrap the tape around like there is a post, but only where the bend is. My pup is like this right now she just has one floppy tip so just one tip is wrapped. Just try it and if it isn't right pull them off and try again.
              Meg
              AeroDanes

Comment

Working...
              X