Bridge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge

Approximately for how long do you have to use the bridge? Jesse's ears stay up but i'm not confident enough to go 'bridge-less' yet. He's only been posting for a couple of weeks. Is it when they hold themselves up? and what about using just tapes and no posts? When do you start that?

Scarlett was out of the bridge before 12 weeks, when I brought her home. Every dog is different, but I'd say once the ears are being held at 10-2 and they can prick them up by using the head muscles, then the bridge is no longer needed. Sometimes bridging for too long can cause one or both ears to pull inwards. Tapes without posts, I'd imagine, will come much later, perhaps towards the end of the posting process.
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a coincidence... I just came on here to ask the same question. My pup is 16 wks old; he was cropped five weeks ago. When taped without a bridge, he can pull his ears straight up when you call his attention, but when he first wakes up or is just being lazy they fall down to I'd say the 9:30 & 2:30 positions. When the tape is off, they will stand straight up for a couple of days (maybe more, I am retaping before they have a chance to fall) regardless if he's at attention, or not. I'm guessing that it's better for him without the bridge, but wanted to check with you guys. What I'm most worried about is creating an extra dimple/divit/fold or whatever it's called from the ears falling too much when he's relaxed.

Comment

Arwun, I would drop the bridge, then.
        sigpic
        Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
        Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Working...
        X