Help in locatin adhesive remover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in locatin adhesive remover

Could anyone living in Canada (preferably Ontario) direct me to an online company that I could buy some adhesive remover.

I was lucky in finding a friend who was able to order it for me through a company she deals with but she is gone away on holidays for a month.
    I have been so frustrated calling all medical supply places near me or drug stores and nobody carries it or wants to be bothered looking into ordering any. They just say use goo-gone??

I have been using Smith+Nephew Universal Adhesive Remover (Remove or Unisolve) and find it works great with no irritation so I want to continue with the same or close to it product.

Any help greatly appreciated.

BARB

I'm in Ontario too, and was having a hard time locating adhesive remover as well. My mum just told me to use rubbing alcohol. They used it in the hospital to remove the tape from my dad's hairy arms when he had his heart attack. She said it just disolves the adhesive. Maybe you could try this until your friend comes back?
    Charlotte, Zack (Blue Harlequin GD), and Grey (Russian Blue mix Cat)

sigpic
    Follow Zack's blog: http://wisdombyzack.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      I'm in Ontario too, and was having a hard time locating adhesive remover as well. My mum just told me to use rubbing alcohol. They used it in the hospital to remove the tape from my dad's hairy arms when he had his heart attack. She said it just disolves the adhesive. Maybe you could try this until your friend comes back?
      Thanks for that info....I will keep it in mind should I run out before finding more...

BARB

Comment

Have you tried contacting Starkman Surgical Supply? It's a surgical supplies store here in Toronto that seems to carry everything from band-aids to bedpans and beyond.

Might be worth googling and contacting. They are right down the street from my house, but I've never been in. Pretty big store, so they might carry what you're looking for. Not sure if they can express courier to you.

Also try searching 'adhesive remover' at Well.ca.
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

Try asking your vet to order it in for you, that may be your easiest option. I know the clinic I worked at is able to order it in.

Rubbing Alcohol works in a pinch but doesn't work as well as the Remove. Once you do use the Remove though, do wipe the ear well with the rubbing alcohol to get any of the remove residue off the ear as it can cause problems with future tape adhering and sometimes an irritation if left on the skin without cleaning.
          sigpic

Comment

you can buy Goo-gone at Canadian Tire.. not sure if that would work or not ?
            sigpic
            "Gia" and Olivia
            Am CH/Can GCH Kiltic Daynakin HunymoonNVegas CGN CHIC
            LiveSky Great Danes

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
              Have you tried contacting Starkman Surgical Supply? It's a surgical supplies store here in Toronto that seems to carry everything from band-aids to bedpans and beyond.

Might be worth googling and contacting. They are right down the street from my house, but I've never been in. Pretty big store, so they might carry what you're looking for. Not sure if they can express courier to you.

Also try searching 'adhesive remover' at Well.ca.
              Thanks Katie.....was hoping you might see my post.....turns out that surgical supply store is shipping me out a couple of bottles and should be here by Friday this week!

Thanks again
              Barb

Comment

Excellent!! Glad it worked out.

Any other questions, you can always PM me.
                Katie & Scarlett
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X