Possible they could stand already???nahhh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible they could stand already???nahhh

I've been taping Jesse for only 2 1/2 weeks. I had to keep changing them cause the posts kept popping out. Finally I got the hang of it and they were in there for about a week before i changed them again (he got them wet). This time I ran out of tape! I bought so much different tapes before we started posting i just didnt keep track of how much of what i was using I only had cloth tape and I wasn't comfortable putting this on his ears so I decided to just leave them down until i went to the pharmacy. Considering I live an hour away from the nearest town it was three days until I got to go. But during these three day Jesse's ears stayed perfectly straight!! There was no curly tips and no bending, no floppy to the side. Just perfectly straight! I was extremely happy considering that i had problems during the healing stages. Needless to say as soon as I got the tape i put them up right away. I heard that leaving them down for more than a day equals another week of taping I hope that i'm part of the lucky crowd that their dogs ears stay up after a few months. Keeping my fingers crossed

How short and wide is his crop? Do you have any pictures of them standing?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
      How short and wide is his crop? Do you have any pictures of them standing?
      Those were my thoughts too.

Martha
      sigpic

Comment

Agree. What does the crop look like? If you have a long crop, I would keep taping, despite the honeymoon period. Remember that the teething stage will weaken the ear for a few weeks, and you want to tape through that.
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately i didn't take any pictures! Even though I was excited I've heard countless stories about the teething stages so they're back up in tapes.

His crop is about medium I'd say. Definitely not long. He's a happy camper in those tapes so I won't be taking the tapes off for another week and I don't think i'll let them down for a full three days again even if they do stay up lol. When i take them off next week i'll definitely post pics!

I just wanted to share my joy with someone who would know what i'm talking about! Seeing as i'm the only one in my community with a dog with cropped ears no one seems to understand his ears. It's so annoying when I walk him and people ask me.."what's wrong with him" with this look of pity on their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse's momma View Post
            It's so annoying when I walk him and people ask me.."what's wrong with him" with this look of pity on their faces.
            I remember the first time Rupert's easr were out of tapes, I loved them! Good luck with your pup.

And I used to tell people we slammed his ears in a door, or that they got torn off and we had to tape them back on. That was AFTER about 4 weeks of really explaining the truth of a crop though. It does get tiring.
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I hear ya on the comments. We got a new one the other day when someone asked "Is that to keep his ears warm?"

Funny thing is it probably does!
              sigpic

Dexter's Mom

Comment

When they are out of tapes, the hardcore PETA idiots who flamed you for cropping will think that he was born that way!
                Katie & Scarlett
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X