No announcement yet.

haveing a problem..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, its where the vet shaved him , and he cries like a big baby every time i mess with his ears, he pouting now with his face planted in his paws cause i took a pic and messed with ears-hes a big baby,

here is what im talking about when he rolls , and rubs his head and knocks the postes out of the bell heres what i woke up too

Comment

Yes, that will be a problem. I use back taped metal stays and glue them in with Ostebond (surgical glue). It is near impossible for them to shake the stay out with this method. I then just tape base, tips and brace with a sprial foam hair roller cut to size. I drop the brace when the pup can start holding the ears up on their own.

I am not quite sure what the best method to keep your posts in is, as I do not use that method. Osteobond might work. You will need adhesive remover to take the posts out, when you are ready to change them.
      sigpic
      Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
      Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
      www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

at looking at the lastest pic , it does look like he has mange , but he dont i quess its or the angle the cam took the pic , heres a better pic of him

Comment

he pull his ears up where the tips touch together, i think i need longer posts they stick about 1/4 inche down, and leave a finger width for air, but i may have big fingers

Comment

Looking at your last picture, it looks like you need to pull each ear up and slightly out when you tape. Continue wrapping the tape further down the ear. This will help keep the post in the ear. Also, the brace across the ear is still going to far back on his head.

This is not the method of taping I use. I use a thick electrical cable tie as the stiffner. It is sandwiched between two pieces of 1 " wide waterproof adhesive tape. Then it is pressed against the inside of the ear above the bump. I do not go into the ear canal. An additional piece of transpore tape goes up and over the tip of the ear to help keep the stifner in place and also the tip of the ear taped. Then, I only wrap about 3 6" pieces of transpore tape around the base of the ear. This helps to hold the stifner in the ear. The ear canal gets air this way and I don't get gooyies in the ear.

Comment

I taped using backer rod, and I had a similar problem. I think. by the picture you posted, that the posts are not long enough. It needs to stick down in his ear far enough he cant get them out. The ear canal is pretty long so maybe add an inch to the lengh. Also my dogs tips were touching and I found out the brace was too tight on the top. It looks like yours might be. I was told to let the ears fall slightly to the sides so they learn to hold them up but they wont pull together. Hope that helps. There was a you-tube video that showed how to tape with the posts, maybe that will help.
              sigpic

***Samantha***

Comment

I had to use a small amount of Osto-Bond on the backer rod and the bottom 1" of the ear, above the bump. This works well for Zeus as he was always finding ways to get the bottom of the posts to pop loose. Uni-Solve works very well to remove the Osto-Bond adhesive.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X