haveing a problem..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haveing a problem..

my little guy found out if he rolles ar ound he can knock the posts out of his ears, how does one go about tapeing a helmet on, or tapeing from underneath , currently im posting, and braceing on top of his head

suggestions, btw was also woundering he likes to lean his ears inward, i tape where they hang outwards to compesat for this but can still pull then toogether when on alert, he has one ear that likes to fold over , thought about the helmet on this problem too..

any suggestions thanks frank

To resolve the removal of posts, I use surgical glue. To remove simply use surgical adhesive remover. In regards to your other question, can you post a pic? I want to make sure I understand the issue.
    sigpic
    Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
    Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
    www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

heres a few picks, as you can see he upset and pouting lol

and a close up

Comment

I think we need to see him taped actually (right?). And I don't think he can control his ears at this point so he's not making them lean in, they are just doing it. How long are you keeping him taped up? And then how long are you letting them "breath"?

On a side note, his eyes are really runny there. Is he sick?
        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Make sure you pull up and out (slightly) on his ears when taping. He looks like the one ear is forming a "pocket" at the base. That is what causes it to fold and lean inward.
          sigpic
          www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

heres pics of me tapeing, no he aint sick hes pouting i just took his ears down in that pic he dont like ppl messing with hes ears ,i usely let them air our for 10-20 mins or so be fore retapeing

Last edited by fmorris; 01-13-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, when I taped Rupert the first time I did it how I used to tape my Dobe. I used tampons and stuck them right down his ear canal. He hated it, whipped his head all over the place and they were out of the canal in less than 2 minutes. I changed my taping method. Instead I put the posts in to just above his ear canal and always tried to get the tape as low on the ear as possible. He got used to that in no time and he never shook them out again. What kind of tape is that if you don't mind me asking?
              ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

His ears look fine taped.
                sigpic
                www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by lwrees72 View Post
                  His ears look fine taped.
                  I agree, they look fine. I was just saying if they were bothering him so much he shakes them out he's defeating himself. Maybe make it so they don't bother him as much, ya know?
                  ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                    I agree, they look fine. I was just saying if they were bothering him so much he shakes them out he's defeating himself. Maybe make it so they don't bother him as much, ya know?
                    I'm sorry...that wasn't directed at you. I agree that changing taping methods can help, sometimes. I was just giving fmorris peace of mind that the tape job looks fine.
                    Last edited by lwrees72; 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM.
                    sigpic
                    www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

thanks, i did some thinking, his right ear had the skin irritation maybe thats why he was rolling around and knocking the base out of his bell, and being a pup , and ive been pulling up,but not outwards im going to retape with better tape this time its super super sticky surgical tape

Comment

Just becareful not to wrap too tight! You can cut off his circulation.
                        sigpic
                        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

The brace between the ears should lie across the top of the head, not behind the head. This is going to cause the ears to lie behind the head.

Comment

10-4 thanks

Comment

just curious...is he missing some fur near his eyes? It kind of looks like that in both sets of pictures, but its a little hard to tell.

If he is, it kind of looks like Mange to me...I only know because Murph has a small spot on his cheek that is pestering him (and me!).

He is adorable! as far as the ears go I have no advice, Murph's a natural kinda guy.
                              sigpic
                              Debbie & Murphy

Comment

Working...
                              X