3 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 days

been without tapes and Brusco's ears remain to stand up nicely. Should I still continue on taping? Or can I stop now? It has not flop at all eversince I took them off tapes about 3 days ago.
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
    "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

I would leave them until they start to flop or not stand correctly. If they stay as they are supposed to then you are done How old is Brusco now?

Comment

18 weeks
      [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)

Comment

I am so hoping and praying his ears will remain standing forever. It's going to be 3 days today and I am hoping they will not fall ever!
        [PHP]sigpic

Comment

I guess because it's a shorter crop they are standing sooner. Just watch around the 5 month age when he teethes again - this can soften the ear cartilage.

They look good!
          Katie & Scarlett
          sigpic

Comment

How often is it for dogs to have soften cartilage when teething?
            Like, how common is it? Do all dogs have a soften cartilage when teething, or this does depends on the dog?
            [PHP]sigpic

Comment

Most...for this reason, many continue to tape through teeting, regardless if they need to or not.
              sigpic
              Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
              Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
              www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Thank you.
                I decided to continue on taping even it appeared standing to me. I don't want to risk it. I had put time on taking care of his ears I don't want to just waste it all away. So, now, I am taping it until I am comfortable letting it go untape. Thank you all.
                [PHP]sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know the reasons of why teething relates to softened cartilage?

It seems pretty interesting
                  Sarah

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X