I need help again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help again...

Hey guys, I need your expertise again. Brusco's ears were cropped 2.5 weeks ago and after the initial tapping by the vet, I have been doing it ever since. I am a little confused on to how they should look like with the tape and brace on. When without brace with only tape, his ears flop to the front when his relaxed or sleeping. When I put on a brace, it does the same. Should it be standing up all the time (with his ears always pointing upwards) even when his sleeping or relaxed. I have no idea on how to make them erect all the time but the only thing I can think of is connecting the brace to his collar.
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
    "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

I would like to also add, that the vet did not put a brace between two ears bcause he said h wants the muscle between his ears to develop. What should I do, should I continue to brace or not?
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
    "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

Comment

Can you post a pic with and without the brace???
      sigpic
      Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
      Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
      www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by puffs_mom View Post
        I would like to also add, that the vet did not put a brace between two ears bcause he said h wants the muscle between his ears to develop. What should I do, should I continue to brace or not?

My vet said the same thing(no brace) with Toc's ears and they stool perfectly in 12 weeks.

Comment

I had the same problem with Eden's ears at first. After a while they quit leaning forward (and backwards toward her neck). I think it is all muscle control. The brace made no difference. After she could hold her ears straight up parallel I stopped using the brace. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X