How much longer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer?

Hefner has a "medium" crop - we knew we weren't showing so we didn't try for the really long ears. He's almost 16 weeks old and we retaped him last night. Please take a look and let me know if you think he's done, or how much longer you think we should keep going?
    Attached Files

There is no definitive "Done time" It depends on the pups. People can tape up to 18 mo some have gone even longer. It really depends on how thick/thin their ear leather is. I think the puppies ears are doing great. At 16 wks they can still be teething and the ears can drop. But they look good thus far. Keep up the great job!!!
    sigpic
    Yvonne, Heather & gang @ Rhydtsdanes
    http://www.rhydtsdanes.com
    Owner/Handler

Comment

Ears

Leave the tapes off until the ears relax and don't stand right then put them back on. They look good.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
        Leave the tapes off until the ears relax and don't stand right then put them back on. They look good.
        Agreed. I would expect them to possibly drop during teething. I would expect to tape til closer to 6 months old, at a minimum, but every dog is different.
        sigpic
        Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
        Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Thanks folks. We left the tape off for several hours last night - will leave it until we see a problem next time and be prepared to keep taping through the next couple of months. He's such a good guy - doesn't seem to mind the taping at all.

Comment

Just wanted to say I've seen many of shorter/medium crops on danes & most I really don't like, but they did an exceptional job on your boy. He's a cutie for sure.

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
            Xavier - 1 year old.
            RIP Jake - We miss you.
            Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

Comment

Why thank you! I think he's pretty adorable myself!

Comment

Working...
              X