Changing tapes and post everday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing tapes and post everday...

Is that okay? I'm a little paranoid of his ears getting all infected and sore. So, I have been re-taping them everyday. I am not using skin bond/glue or even tape. I do use vetwrap (of course, I use common sense on wrapping them not too tight) and paper towel wrap in a little paper tape (just the half part so when he shakes his head it won't come out). He does perfect still for me when I do his ears (sometimes, peanut butter bribe). Is it okay for me to do it often? Or should I just leave them for more than 3 days and then retape?
    [PHP]sigpic

Grace, mom to Ava and Vic (skinned children, 2 and 3 years old) Puff (the Maltese, 4 years old) Lucy (the Dachshund, 6 years old) Pumpkin (the Cat, 10 years old) Savier (the Doberman, 3 years old) Brusco (the Great Dane, 3 mos old)
    "We have a full house, and a lot of love to give"

I believe my breeder tapes every day at first until about 12 weeks. I brought Scarlett home at 12 weeks and my breeder said it was safe to start going 3 days between tapings.

Unless they have somehow gotten wet, dirty, are coming off, or smell funny, there's no need to retape that often.
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X