No announcement yet.

Still up in cups, Should I be worried?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still up in cups, Should I be worried?

So I am a little stressed, Gavin will be coming to me still in cups..Stitcthes out, but still in cups. Do I have any need for worry? My breeder says no, But Of course being the worrying mommy I am, I am worried LOL
    She will be showing me how to tape his ears up in cups upon Pick up, and bringing a long my Guys litter mate "who she is keeping" to show me for looks as well.

We have to do it this way or its he stays with her another 2+weeks, and Honestly I want to get him home and start his Socialization ASAP! and the start of getting him adjusted to our home and family as well. It will be that long because I have appts I HAVE to make, and the next week I think our days collide...so.

Kelly - Wife to Eric, Mom to Noah.
    Xavier - 1 year old.
    RIP Jake - We miss you.
    Proverbs 12:10 A Righteous Man has Regard for the Life of his Animal.

How long ago was he cropped??? How much longer does this breeder want to keep this puppy in cups? Curious did she say why? How long has this pup been in cups?
    sigpic
    Yvonne, Heather & gang @ Rhydtsdanes
    http://www.rhydtsdanes.com
    Owner/Handler

Comment

Gavins stitches will come out at 10days, I think she said cups for 2weeks/14days, then onto actual taping. I'll have to re read my email to make sure.
      She didnt say WHY they needed to be up in cups, I just assumed because the healing edge needed air & not closed up in tape at that point.

Xavier - 1 year old.
      RIP Jake - We miss you.

Comment

don't worry about it. no big deal. the cup is probobly easier to take care of then posted ears! lol! I got Karma with a foam block on her head and had to put socks on her ears to keep from itching them. If I can get through that, you can get through this! congrats on your pup !

Comment

As Bri said, no big deal! Leroy was going to come home with the cups on but he and his littermate had other ideas! They ripped the cups off each other (after their stitches were out - they were done at 7 weeks) so they had to be posted when they went home. His ears were about 90% healed by that time, but they ended up getting a bit infected so they had to be down and floppy for 5 days to finish healing. So believe me - you want the cup until the ears are completely healed!

Comment

Great!! BIG sigh of relief I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I was still VERY worried lol I over worry everything! Now just have to keep him from getting the cup off! She is bringing me extra supplies so if he does get the cups off then I can post them back up on there.
            THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Xavier - 1 year old.
            RIP Jake - We miss you.

Comment

In our experience, the cups are actually pretty easy and very helpful. If there is any sign of infection or slow healing you can see it. Besides, they look so cute!!
              Attached Files
              Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
              Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
              http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

Here is Gavin a few hours after he got his ears cropped.
                & Thank you all for the reassurance
                Attached Files

Xavier - 1 year old.
                RIP Jake - We miss you.

Comment

When I crop, the cups will usually stay on until the stitches are removed. If the cups are in good condition, I will leave them in the cups after the stitches are removed. The cups will start falling off by themselves. When the cups start falling off, I remove them.

Comment

Working...
                  X