Gelatin Q's etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelatin Q's etc

Ok I was reading about Gelatin on here for helping the ears stand straight ... how do you use it and how much?

Struts stand pretty much up but he had a bad ear infection so I had to stop using the brace/stick part. He sees a new vet tonight, to get them checked and see if theres anything else I can do if they aren't fully cleared. If they are I plan to tape again (he's 15mos)

His one ear leans more over the top of the head than the other one, so they touch in the middle. Its cute, people say it looks like he's praying.

Should I Gelatin or no It was on sale at Save-On so I got some incase.

Heres a pic:
    Attached Files

Ears

I wouldn't tape them anymore as long as they are standing. When they touch in the middle like that they have good muscle control. Sometimes as they mature and the space between their ears widens as they age they hold their ears straight up like they should. At any rate, i don't think you can tape this out of them at that age. Gelatin would only be useful if you were having trouble getting the ears to stand.

Comment

hmmm okay ... I thought because the one leaned over so far it was a bad thing?

Comment

Ears

It's not a good thing but there might not be anything you can do about it. On the ear that leans in put some tape just around the bottom and see if you can pull it out some.

Comment

Gelatin is useful in helping set the cartilidge, it's unlikely that the cartilidge on your boy isn't already hardened.

I had brought in a 10 month old with crop flop (bases up, tips not) and it was already too late to do anything but recrop / put in braces. The bases are usually set before the tips.

Comment

Oh okay ... well I'm happy with him how he is, it adds personality

how does the gelatin work though?

Comment

Working...
            X