Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering about your experiences with Ear cropping and taping.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering about your experiences with Ear cropping and taping.

I spoke to our Vet about ear cropping and taping he said they do the initial surgery, suture the area and then when the sutures come out they then take a form and insert it in the ear they said they dont tape the ears unless you want them taped, what is this? What should I be looking for when considering Ear Cropping for my babies? What is the Norm?

RE: Wondering about your experiences with Ear cropping and taping.

First, find a vet who has a lot of experience in cropping (and has cropped danes before). Ask to see pictures of his work.

Do you want the standard crop or the show crop? The show crop is cut thinner (and longer) and the bell isn't as wide as the standard. The standard crop is shorter than the show, wider, and the bell is wider.

If you go with the show crop, you'll more than likely be taping longer than you would with the standard.

If you are not showing your fawn, and do plan on getting them cropped, I suggest you get the standard crop. Especially if you're concerned with taping and such.

How old are the pups? I wouldn't crop past 12 weeks. (I think that's the cut-off age)

All crops should be posted and taped. How does the vet expect the ears to stand?

Nik and crew

Comment

Working...
    X