Floppy Tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floppy Tips

Quake is now 8 months old and his ears are standing straight except for the very tips (top 1-2 inches) which are somewhat floppy. They don't turn over completely but sort of curl inward. Plus they are not as stiff as the rest of the ear. At eight months old is there still hope they they will stiffen up and stand straight? Should I keep taping the whole ear or has anyone had good experiences using the Breath Rite strips?

RE: Floppy Tips

Id use breath rite strips or either way just tape the tips.

Lisa Mcintosh
    http://xceldanes.com/index.html
    sigpicLisa
    www.xceldanes.com

Comment

gl nona!!

Comment

We are at this point with Cooper too. One ear stands perfect all the time and the other is perfect 80% of the time. Sometimes when he sleeps it flops almost in half though.

Lisa, how do you just tape the tips? We tried the breathe rite strips and that didn't seem to do anything. Thanks!

Autumn, Delilah, and Cooper
        Chaos - always in my heart

Comment

I have done just the tips with masking tape kinda rolled wrapped the tips but the breath rite strips usaly are pretty easy.
          Take two Breathe Rite Large Strips Stick two of them together, with at least one sticky side left to put in the ear.
          Use Skin Bond on the sticky side of the Breathe Rite Strip and let dry a minute.Put Skin Bond on the inside of the dog's ear
          Let the glue set up a minute. Then pull the dog's ear straight up and press the BR Strip on to the layer of glue.

Lisa Mcintosh
          http://xceldanes.com/index.html
          sigpicLisa
          www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Thanks Lisa!
            I did the breathe rite strips like that and they just bent and let Cooper's ear flop. We just taped both ears completely again. We've been at this point for the past 3 months. Should we consider it finished?

Autumn, Delilah, and Cooper
            Chaos - always in my heart

Comment

Working...
            X