Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New at Posting: Ear Cropping=No Tape????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at Posting: Ear Cropping=No Tape????

Hi, this is my first time on this sight and my first post. I have a blue boy that just got his ears cropped. He is my 5th dane in the last 15 years. I haven't had a puppy in 5 years, and I was reading all the postings on the ear cropping post page, and I was reading alot of talk about molefoam and skinbond. It sounds great and alot more comfortable for the dog. Has anyone out there had any real problems with this method of ear training? I would love to find out more about this and how to do it right. If anyone can give me some help, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

RE: New at Posting: Ear Cropping=No Tape????

My Dane was allergic to the bonding glue so this was not a good choice for us. I don't know what others use for the mold in the ear but we've had good experience with 3/8" thick polyethylene foam pipe insulation. Inexpensive and we cut it to fit then tape the ear.

When he was very young we used the polyethylene foam caulking, it's small and fit in the ear without a lot of weight.

Comment

RE: New at Posting: Ear Cropping=No Tape????

My vet used the some kind of tape skin they use on pigs. What he would do was attach it to the inside of her ear. The tape itself was adhesive on one side. That allowed the edges of her ears to heal and no crinkles to occur when there was other taping methods. After about3 weeks of taping her ears stood fine and we had them cropped at 11 weeks old. Just goes to show ya there are many ways to skin a cat, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
      X