I have a Puppy with Cropped Ears!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: I have a Puppy with Cropped Ears!!

I had my Gus boy's ears done at 13 weeks. Vet and breeder both recommended that I have it done. I'm not sure I would do it again, even tho it now looks great (he's 6 mos now). My vet charged $75.00 and that included everything. Course I live in a very small town, and he's more than reasonable on everything, including the horses. When Gus got his stitches out and his ears unwrapped, I did not put anything on them. Vet said to rub and massage them every time he wanted to be petted (which is a lot). It took about two months, but they are standing beautifully. It was bloody at first, he shook and shook his head and blood went everywhere. The only way I could keep him still was to sit and hold him. Good thing for me I work at home. I cannot imagine getting ears cropped and just leaving your puppy in a crate and alone and going back to work. I watched Gus like a hawk for the two weeks til he got his stitches out. I do plan on getting another Dane some time (Gus is my first but will definitely NOT be my last) but I will think long and hard about having ears cropped again.

Comment

RE: I have a Puppy with Cropped Ears!!

I HAD ZEUS'S EARS DONE ABOUT 7 DAYS AGO AND THE STITCHES CAME OFF YESTERDAY. I AM A SINGLE MOM AND HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE HIM IN A CRATE AT HOME, BUT I SPEND LOADS OF TIME WITH HIM SPOILING HIM WHEN I AM AT HOME. SO FAR NO BLOOD AND NO PAIN EXCEPT FOR THE BOX THAT THE VET USED NEEDED TO BE REPLACED INSTEAD OF REPAIRED BECAUSE OF ALL THE RAIN WE HAVE BEEN HAVING HERE. THAT WAS A PAINFUL SIGHT AND EVEN THOUGH I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE CROPPED EAR BETTER AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH A DOBERMAN I HAD CROPPED 10 YRS AGO I STILL THINK I WILL GO WITH THE NATURAL EARS NEXT TIME BUT I ALSO AM GOING TO ADOPT A RESCUE DANE INSTEAD OF A PUP IF ANYTHING EVER HAPPENS TO ZEUS.

Comment

Working...
      X