"From Pillar to Post" - hiliarious Dane essay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "From Pillar to Post" - hiliarious Dane essay

When I was a kid, the family had a book of humor published in the 1940s, and I grew up reading the great humorists of the 1920s and '30s. One story in the collection was about raising a Great Dane in a city apartment. Not only do I think it's one of the funniest stories ever written, but it probably has something to do with my love for these giant doofuses.

Unfortunately, the authors are largely forgotten and the original book is long out of print and copyright. Even the humor collection is long-forgotten except to a few aficionados. So, a few years ago I created a clean e-book publication to bring this great story to a new generation of readers.

Here is is... and after you read it we'll both be under the bed.

OMG !!!! That is the funniest thing ever I was laughing out loud. I LOVE the way he writes, and the style of humor. This is most definitely a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing it
    sigpicCelle: 7/1/14, my current problem child
    Chance: 9/3/05, the stray kitten that Jena brought home
    Jena: 6/2/99 - 10/6/09 R.l.P. my heart dog (merle GD)

Comment

Loved it!! I grew up reading old books like the one about Laddie, the collie, and Nancy Drew, and "Cheaper by the Dozen." I love this writing style and humor. 😊
      -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Too funny! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'm sure we can all relate. Great read, just brightened my Monday. Thanks for sharing.
          Donna
          Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
          Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
          Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

Comment

Oh that was lovely! So cute and funny. A great warning to what happens when your Dane trains you more than you train him/her! I can totally relate to the shedding though. We are totally in the middle of Spring blow out and there's nothing you can do about that but brush, brush, brush.

Comment

ETA: Wrong thread.
              *Jennifer*
              Member GDC of Mid-Florida
              sigpic

Comment

Wonderful.
                ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
                X