Happy tail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy tail

Cas has like three feet of tail. So he's always smacking it on things, hitting people, so on. I've told about the first night in our new flat when he got his tail caught in a door and bled all over our brand new appartment? Well this is sort of....part two.

I was coming back in with him, after an exellent walk, with little to no reactions to anything we came across. We head in the door and it closes faster then we walk and clips the end of his tail. No barking or howling or whinning, just him scurrying forward a little. I get a glimps of red on the end and we head up quickly to the flat. His tail wagging back and forth the whole time. I tried to keep him as close to the middle of the hall as I could, to avoid blood smear. I failed a few times.
    Once inside, I get him laying down, clean and bandage the wound, and let Theonix know that this happened. He beds down and naps off his walk, we move on with the day.

We were coming back in from a pee when I notice, on the first floor landing, where he started to bleed. I was able to follow the droplets all the way back to my flat, all the while,imagining someone staggering down the hall after being hurt seriously.

I swore to myself that if anyone started to ask questions, or the police showed up, I'd admit to it being Cas's tail.

Then realized that no, that would probably not be a good idea, because they may want to look at it....So I went and followed the trail backwards and cleaned it off the walls and floor.

That poor fella can't catch a break. He's always getting hurt.
    sigpic
    1 husband * 1 teenager * 2 great danes * 2 boxers * 1 cats * 2 African cichlids * 34 land hermit crabs
    RIP Tyler RIP Smokey
    http://thegratedanegane.wordpress.com/

Comment

Oh Happy Tail...I swear if CSI ever comes in my house with all their blood finding tools they'll think a murder happened in there. Thank goodness for Magic Erasers...Cas, give yourself (and your humans) a little break, pretty please?!?
      sigpic
      "Mom, he's touching me"
      Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerthegiant View Post
        That poor fella can't catch a break. He's always getting hurt.
        He's SO accident prone. We had a brief (like two days and it was totally fine) bout of happy tail while his foot was healing and now this one's a bit worse. I've never met a dog as accident prone as him.
        1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Comment

Lucas is too. He's always getting scratches, and cuts on the pads of his feet, and I'm like "Where the heck did this come from?" No happy tail yet though.
          sigpic
          1 husband * 1 teenager * 2 great danes * 2 boxers * 1 cats * 2 African cichlids * 34 land hermit crabs
          RIP Tyler RIP Smokey
          http://thegratedanegane.wordpress.com/

Comment

I find myself wondering sometimes if it's because Cas is white that we notice all the scratches? If he were black, say, with dark skin, maybe I wouldn't notice most of the minor nicks and cuts?
            1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Comment

Working...
            X