Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dog-gone fairy tale Part 1

Hi,

I did this photo story for my magazine just for fun and tickles. My youngest daughter and Luca had to put up with my photo session. I would like to share it with you, so I translated it for you. Hope you have fun with it.

Once upon a time there was a young beautiful princess, she played with her crystal ball happily in the park of her fathers sitting by the fountain.She threw the crystal ball high up in the air. Splash, the ball fell out of her hand into the fountain. The princess started weeping since the ball was a birthday gift and her favorite toy. As she sat by the fountain a Dane boy came along and asked her: „Beautiful princess why do you cry?“ „My crystal ball fell in the fountain.“ The Dane boy answered: „I will retrieve it for you, but you have to take my on as your dearest companion. You have to share your cup, your plate and your bed with me.“ The princess whined: „ But you will slobber my pretty dress.“ The Dane boy answered: „Decide, the crystal ball or a bit slobber.“

So the Dane boy jumped into the fountain and retrieved the crystal ball for the princess. She was so happy to have her favorite toy back and thanked the Dane boy. She took him to her picknick blanket to fulfill her part of the bargain. First she offered him nice clear water from her golden cup. This was so good that the Dane boy had to slobber a bit. Then she fed him delicacies from her silver fork. Now the Dane boy could not hold back any longer, he just had to slobber all he could. Our princess was bit put out.

Full and happy the both made their way home to the castle.The princess could hardly wait to introduce her new companion to her family. After a scrumptious dinner in the honor of our Dane boy the both of them went to bed. The Dane boy whispered to the princess in her dreams: „When you awake tomorrow morning, give me a big kiss and I will turn into the best companion of your life. The princess started then dreaming about her future prince.
    sigpic
    With best regards,
    Jeannette Luca & Leo and now Lilly & Sophie

Part 2

As soon as the princess woke up in the morning, she gave her Dane boy a big kiss. There was a large bang and ....Our Dane boy stayed what he always was the most loyal com-panion and a king of dogs. And so they lived happily after.

Or did you think the story would have a different ending?

Very free after the brothers Grimm
    Leading roles: Antigone Brown & Luca
    sigpic
    With best regards,

Comment

Cute!! Very clever!!
      Linda and Rocky
      sigpic
      Jesse 1998-2007
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
      Harley 1998-2002
      Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

That was very cute. I like it.
        sigpic

Comment

that was awesome - very creative

Comment

Beautiful pics thats cute
            sigpicLisa
            www.xceldanes.com

Comment

How absolutely charming! Love it, love it!

Did you shoot it in a public park? And how did the people there react?

What is your magazine?

mp

Comment

Perfect ending !!!
                beautiful daughter and dane !

Andi

Comment

Thank you, I am glad you like it .

@mp
                  Well yes and no to the public park thing. I am lucky enough to live in castle here. The castle belongs to real lord, but he converted it for family and friends into 13 apartments and houses. I live in the gate keepers cottage (perfect place for my guard dogs).

I grew up here, my parents lived for over 34 years here. And after we (husbands + kids) moved back from States that is where I wanted to be also. The castle has a beautiful park. It is open to the public, but since we only have a small village around us it is not visited so frequently. Plus I shot this series early in the morning so that we will be undisturbed.

I write and publish the DANES magazine here in Germany now for 1 1/2 years. It is mostly a hobby of mine (it hardly pays itself) and I only have about 100 printed copies. I publish it bi-monthly. We do have an official Dane Club magazine here, but it mostly caters to the breeders (which is OK). I focus solely on the normal owners. A lot of people contribute to the magazine with their stories and experiences. It is just another information platform carried for and by Dane owners over here.

OK, I have a lot of fun with it also.
                  sigpic
                  With best regards,

Comment

That is really awesome! Must be wonderful to be involved with something like this! Thank you for sharing!

<3
                    sigpic
                    Alice 5 months old
                    ~*Bre*~

Comment

Cute story and sounds like a wonderful place to live.

Comment

Jeannette,

Once again, thanks for sharing. The pictures are just beautiful and so wonderful that your daughter and Luca were so cooperative. Doing things for fun is one of the best reason to do them and it sure shows! It sounds like you live in an amazingly beautiful area, you are very lucky indeed!
                        Rhonda

sigpic
                        Storm at 13 weeks

Comment

@ tigger,

thanks for the nice comment. But pssstttt, come over here, I tell you a secret....

My daughter had hot dogs in her hands, cut up the whole time, and whenever Luca tried to look the other way he was shamelessy bribed :rofl:
                          sigpic
                          With best regards,

Comment

LOL...I'll have to remember to try bribery the next time I'm trying to take a picture of Darwin.

Comment

Jeannette,

I LOVED that! Your dane is beautiful, and so is your daughter. I grinned the whole time I read it.

Emily

Comment

Working...
                              X