These boys are here to stay!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These boys are here to stay!

We got our foster Dudley (fka Xanadu) in October. He had a lot of behavioral issues. Protective, nervous, impulse control problems. We've been able to control his problems but none have been really solved to any extent. A couple weeks ago we got another foster, Miles. He and Duds became instant friends. They go outside and race around the yard together several times a day. Miles taught Duds how to play with the fun sticks in the yard. Duds has calmed down considerably. We were able to leave him loose today while we were at work instead of keeping him behind a baby gate (so he can calm down before I let him out and doesn't lunge at my face in excitement). We decided these boys shouldn't be apart and have adopted them.

Julie
    Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
    RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
    Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
    sigpic

WICKED COOL!!!

What a perfect match!
    sigpic

Comment

Yea! Lucky boys and now brothers forever! Congrats!
      sigpicKelly

Comment

oh this is beyond awesome!!!! these guys landed in the best place possible! congrats to you and your family!
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Yay, that is awesome. Congrats!

Comment

I seen on the rescue's facebook page that they had both been adopted. Im glad to hear it was you who adopted them. Those are some lucky boys. Congrats!!
            ~Kelsey, mom to~
            Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
            Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
            Cece- Calico 4 years
            Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
            Tyke- 4 months

Comment

AMAZING!!!!!!!! so happy for you and the two boys-- sounds like all they needed were each other and YOU!

thanks for making my day; and thanks for making them family!
              sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

Congratulations on adopting both !!!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! A wonderful outcome for all!
                  sigpic

Comment

Wonderful news to hear! So happy that they have you and you have them!
                    -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Working...
                    X