Foster Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster Girl

We are getting our first foster this Saturday. I'm sooooo excited.
    This will be our first time fostering, and i already want to keep her.....however hubby doesnt see things my way....yet!! He says if we adopt her...then we cannot help more....which is true. There is a 3 dog per household limit where we live.

Since she is 'technically' not my pup, are photo's ok to post as well as some tid bits on her? Not in an advertising fashion, but in a proud foster mama fashion.

((She is listed on the dane rescue website as well (in Ontario)....but not sure if i should list their info either. I guess someone could PM me and i could direct them to the rescue.))
    Donna
    Max (DOB-Apr 28-2013; gotcha date-Aug 23-2013)
    Dyson (DOB-Sept 9-2013; gotcha date-Mar 8-2014)
    Willow (DOB-Jan 26-2014; gotcha date-Oct 31-2015)

sigpic

How exciting! I always thought it would be really rewarding to help and be a foster home for dogs when I have my own home. Hope you're able to put up pictures! Looking forward to reading and learning from this new awesome experience for you!
    Keena

sigpic

Comment

Our foster girl joined the house on Saturday. So exciting. She is so friendly and kind....is a snuggle bug. Only issue we are having is a bit of toy agression (quiet growels), but otherwise she is settling in nicely.

Will post pics if allowed...I'm in love.

Now need to get hubby to see it my way...and maybe she wont be our foster for long....she will be our's!
      Donna

sigpic

Comment

Ask the rescue if you can post pics. I think it's a wonderful way to "advertise" a foster but the rescue I don't work for anymore didn't allow it because there was a lot of crazy, weird suspicion of the world in the founder's head.

And you know, if you adopt your first foster, you can't foster another...I agree with your hubby on this one. Especially if she is so pleasant. My foster failure was an elderly emotional wreck and not adoptable except to the most patient and extremely experienced home. Which turned out to be mine...
        Last edited by mnmouse; 01-12-2015, 09:03 AM.
        Tracy
        sigpic
        Mouse April 2010
        Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

I agree as well....i wouldnt be able to help any others.

She is an older girl (6.5 years), so I don't know if the interest will be there for her. I hope so though....she seems like such a wonderful girl.

The rescue has her on their site, so she is available for people to see and read about.
          Donna

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus' Mom View Post
            I agree as well....i wouldnt be able to help any others.

She is an older girl (6.5 years), so I don't know if the interest will be there for her. I hope so though....she seems like such a wonderful girl.

The rescue has her on their site, so she is available for people to see and read about.
            Is she a 6.5 year old harl named Sophie? I'm just googling around trying to find her out of curiosity. I think I would have a hard time fostering as I would get attached to the foster dogs. Though I suppose the satisfaction of seeing a dog go to a good home would counterbalance that.
            --------------------------
            Josh Wolff
            Bowie: born 2/15/2012
            Jayda: born 08/19/2014

sigpic

Comment

It is. Wow your good!!

It took me a bit to decide to foster. I just love them so much and there are so many out there in need. I know it will be hard to let them go....but i know the rescue does their absolute best to find proper homes for all. Bless all those volunteers for sure.

I just keep telling myself that she will be adopted by a loving family....we are just waiting to hear when.
              Donna

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X