This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Santa

Well - I haven't heard anything from the DOL site folks, so unless I hear something in the next 24 hours, I'm going to say the Secret Santa project is a go. Today is November 1st, 2012.

Instructions:
    Please PM me your name, address and how many Great Danes live in your home. I will also need to know if there are any food allergies or special instructions due to sensitivities or things your fur baby(s) can not have.

There are also folks who live overseas that would also like to take part. If you are someone who can send a package out of the country, I will need to know this as well. It is of the utmost importance that if you are going to be part of this Secret Santa project you commit to sending a package to the person you are assigned. I think last year there was something like a $25.00 limit, that said - it's really up to you and what you can afford.

I will need all interested parties to PM me the above information no later than November 18th. That way I can get the information out to everyone by November 26th regarding who they are a Secret Santa for.

The packages will need to be mailed out the first week of December so that everyone gets their package in time to open it for the Holidays. Remember this is a 'secret' and a surprise for the receiver - so don't let on who you are sending your gift box to.

Ximmy's Mom did this last year and did a fantastic job of matching up folks and has given me some instruction on making this work. Get ready for the fun to begin!!
    Attached Files

I just sent you a PM. I think the limit should be dropped to $15.00. Also let me know if you can also do the Holiday card exchange. If not, perhaps one of the other members could step up this year to handle that part of it. Please be sure if you sign up, you do send your gift out. We don't want any pups being left without a Santa goodie and if you cannot afford it, there is always the Holiday card exchange. I love taking my cards out every year and seeing how some of our member's danes have grown over the years.
    Last edited by dolmod; 11-02-2012, 08:41 AM.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Maybe we should have backup senders in case someone doesn't fulfill there part? That way we can make sure that everyone does get a package. Also, maybe there should be a minimum post requirement before taking part? I think there was an issue with members joining just to get a gift but not sending one?
      Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
      Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

All good - I've already gotten several folks who are excited and are wanting to be a part of it all. Several of them have said they are willing to ship overseas. I will try and match overseas people with overseas people. I also have been told the cost to ship to Ireland is about $30.00 and to Canada is about $15.00.
        If anyone wants to or can be a back up package sender, please let me know. As I originally posted - if you are signing up, that means you are committed to sending a package and everyone signed up is counting on getting a Secret Santa gift.

Comment

Yes, you'll need elves. Some people don't post a lot, but have been members for a long time. If there is any question on someone, contact me and I'll try to verify. Also, make sure to check with Ximmy's mom to see who didn't fulfill their obligation last year and they will not be permitted to participate. I'll try to dig out my list of people who are not allowed as well and send it to you.
          sigpic
          In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
          Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Thank you for that. If there are any red flags it will be helpful to know this.
            I really would hate for anyone to be disappointed -
            This was so much fun last year and I am so looking forward to it being such a positive experience again.

Comment

If no one else steps up, I will do the Christmas card list.

I love my wall of cards and keep them posted for several months. i also like to see the difference in the pups over the years.
              sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Yay this is so exciting!

~Dana~
                Proud momma of Diesel and Eva
                sigpic

Rest in peace, my sweet angel Dixie 3/2/2013

Comment

Secret santa

As of this moment, we have 25 folks signed up for the Secret Santa!! How exciting is that?! I think I have let most of you who signed up know I got your info. I think it's fantastic that folks are so excited - I know I am!!

Comment

Did you get my info? I sent you a PM yesterday.
                    sigpic
                    ~ Mama to 4 kids and 2 fur-babies ~
                    Gary ~ Great Dane ~ Merle Male
                    Jager ~ Wiener Dog ~ Black & Tan

Comment

What types of gifts has everyone done in the past?

And is this a gift for the Danes or for the Dane owners?

Comment

Originally posted by liebling View Post
                        What types of gifts has everyone done in the past?

And is this a gift for the Danes or for the Dane owners?
                        for the danes

all sorts of things, stuffies, treats, some people send home made gifts or a small assortment of little things.

example. in my box last year i got a few different types of treats and cookies and we also got a few toys. and a really cute card
                        sam: mom to 2 danes (Romeo/mantle merle and Daegan/fawn), and Cora, the ragdoll kitty.

"inside every Great Dane is a puppy just longing to climb into your lap"

Comment

Last year Phin and Buck received toys and treats! A giant stuffie that was a big hit and still is!
                          sigpic

Comment

We send several things that we collect over the course of the year. Last year we sent Wubbas, collars Lynz made, home made cookies, and several little things we had picked up for the human as well.

Sprocket received a giant orange monkey worm and a couple other toys and some treats and Ximmy got a cool squeaky cheeseburger, a great hand done card and a Christmas ornament along with lots of treats and several other dog toys. They both adore their toys and still play with them, as we rotate toys to keep them interesting.

Charlene had a pillow made for Lynz the year before last, and a member sent Ximmy some muckluc boots as well. *before Sprocket came, but we sent 2 boxes and received 2 boxes as well.* so what to include is up to the sender.

I would like to recommend that you don't send toys made for smaller dogs or those not for vigorous chewers, as these usually cannot be given to Danes. I would also avoid anything made in China that the dogs will play with or eat.
                            sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

I think I'll try and participate again this year. Last year was my first ever doing a SS and unfortunately, we were one of the ones that DIDN'T get a gift from our assigned SS, but Michele was a doll and made sure my critters weren't left out. :-)
                              My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
                              Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
                              Owned by Katie and Rio

Comment

Working...
                              X