This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL MEMBERS READ! a reminder about posting - updated 1-08-12

Please make sure to read the entire thread. Pertinent info has been added to the last post by Dolmod.

DOL is a family board. I know for a fact that several kids and older folks do read the board and I have received some complaints about the language on the forums as of late.

Please keep the cursing (words as well as symbols) to a minimum. I know we are all adults but, maybe pretend like your grandmother is in the room before you decide to spew some obscenities.

If your Facebook page is protected and not a public page, do not link to it from your signature. If your FaceBook page contains mature material (PG-13 and above) do not link it from your signature at all. Also, please review our signature rules and photo guidelines for signatures. Complete instructions for posting photos on our forums can be found in the Dane Photo Forum.

There are to be no sales or advertising at all on the forum, nor any fundraising.

Oops, and then there's this. Be sure to read the whole thread.

Also, posts of a NDR, personal and/or mature nature need to be posted on your member blog or in the social groups area. DOL is a educational dane forum.
    Last edited by dolmod; 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM.

• Loki Love
    replied
    Originally posted by Tank The Blue View Post
    Not to sound dumb.... But what is a NDR?
    Not Dane Related

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Tank The Blue
    replied
    Originally posted by dolmod View Post
    Folks,

There seems to be a tremendous amount of NDR postings lately. .
    Not to sound dumb.... But what is a NDR?

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    Just bumping as a reminder to members, old and new.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    bringing this up for new members

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    bumping this us for new members to read.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    We would prefer not to have links for products from places like etsy, cafepress, etc.

Leave a comment:

• PepperPaws
    replied
    I am a little confused about the website links.... I posted a link where I came by these adorable great dane t-shirts (nothing having to do with me) and it was quickly deleted and I was corrected (I apologized and was not aware I could not....and have not since) - but what's the scoop - you can, or can not post links to products? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    Remember folks, self promotion is not permitted on the forum. That means, no selling things, no requesting contest votes (unless you plan on giving the entire prize to rescue), no website links for your own sites where there is anything sold or services rendered, etc.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    A reminder to the membership. Please abide by our rules and regulations.

Remember also, that it is against our rules to discuss specific breeder practices and post photos of dogs that are not owned by the poster.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    Yep, it was pretty bad. Many people left, and subsequently found out that the grass wasn't really greener on the other side, and returned shortly afterward. Many people were not permitted to return.

As a mod, I don't like to see things like that happen, but I must do what's best for the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Meatos
    replied
    That flame war was intense!! But I'm glad that the forum is back to danesies - that's why we're all here. Big thanks to Paul and Deb!

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    You're absolutely correct, MV.

Please..... there are no apologies needed by anyone nor any explanations needed. If there was a serious problem with something that anyone posted, you would have heard from me by PM already. I'm just trying to keep the forum on track. I too enjoy getting to know our members on a more personal level, if anyone's post went too far, I had either closed the thread already or deleted it.

Unfortunately, some time ago, a trend started with many, many personal postings. It got so bad that there were more personal posts than actual dane posts on the forums. At one point, our front page feed had nothing but NDR posts, and some that were very graphic. I tried to make small reminders to the membership, but when the finally hit the fan, there was a flame war like you wouldn't believe. I would like to avoid that this time around.

Oh, And we better see video of Jared coming home.

Originally posted by MillyVanilly View Post
    Most of the people who read this and think that they did something wrong are not the ones who actually did. And then the people who really are breaking, stretching and twisting the rules, will either read it and not think anything of it, or not read it at all.

Leave a comment:

• MillyVanilly
    replied
    Most of the people who read this and think that they did something wrong are not the ones who actually did. And then the people who really are breaking, stretching and twisting the rules, will either read it and not think anything of it, or not read it at all.

Leave a comment:

• dolmod
    replied
    Folks,

There seems to be a tremendous amount of NDR postings lately. This is a dane forum. We talk danes. I don't mind the occasional personal posting, but it's starting to get a bit much. We certainly don't talk politics or social issues here, unless they are dog related. We tried it in the past and it failed miserably. Caused lots of conflict on the forum and had many members angry with each other. It has taken years for those relationships to be built back up.

Paul has created alternative solutions for NDR postings. There is the Community "Social Group" area where you can create your own little discussion group on any topic, and everyone has access to their own Blog. Please feel free to use these free resources.

Now having said that, We love seeing photos from every aspect of your lives. Weddings, birthdays, etc. These types of NDR are acceptable in the photos section (especially if a dane is involved). We also have a forum for posts about pets that are not danes.

My point is, please think before you post. Remember there is a feed of updated posts on the DOL homepage. This feed should have dane related stuff on it.

Also, please do not post anything with the intention of selling anything. I've noticed quite a few postings lately that infer sales to a specific product. Not happening anymore. If you wish to market your wares on our forum, you will not be permitted to use our PM system. Place an ad in our newsletter or buy a banner on the homepage like everyone else. The only sales permitted here are those where rescue receives 100% of the profits and those are permitted with prior permission from the admin and mods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X