X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED 3-4-10 Jaxie's Journey - a great dane rescue

Rescue thread about Jaxie.

Thanks to Kayla, Cathy, and David for getting Jaxie to safety.
    Last edited by James-dol; 11-21-2017, 01:53 PM.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Thank amazing. Thank you to all who are helping this sweet boy.
    sigpic
    Michelle
    Newton, Iris - Great Danes
    Abby - APBT
    Apollo, Jade and Angel - Miniature Dachshunds
    Wilson - ChiX
    RIP Buddy and Ginger ~ Doxies

Comment

Wow Deb..........what an elaborate page..........its wonderful!!

Jaxie has a long road ahead of him...........and a huge thanks to everyone involved.

David, I hope your other dogs dont come down with KC!
      Carolyn
      Divine Acres Great Danes
      Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
        Wow Deb..........what an elaborate page..........its wonderful!!

Jaxie has a long road ahead of him...........and a huge thanks to everyone involved.

Ditto! Isn't it amazing what one voice can start!

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

Thank you Debbie for doing this! I am going to read it now.....
          sigpic
          www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
          http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
          Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Anyone know how we donate????
            sigpic
            www.rescuemetugz.com

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Comment

Originally posted by Carolyn View Post
              I agree, WOW what a display of a website. Fantastic! I can now reference the site in my email network. I hope others will do the same and pass on the story of Jaxie's Journey. Good wishes and prayers always help.

Carolyn,

I am closely monitoring Drizzle, Petro, and Pax for KC. I am not so worried about Drizzle and Petro but Pax has only been with me since January and has very little exposure to other dogs and their germs. All are vaccinated for Kennel Cough.

In Jaxie's Journey website, you will see a reference to a dog named Marvin. Two years ago, Marvin came to stay with me as a foster. After a few days, Marvin started developing the symptoms of KC and of course this all started on the weekend. Boy did he deteriorate fast. Constant flow of yellow discharge out of his nose and his breathing started to be inhibited because of this. I am talking within a day and half. Emergency Vet visit on Sunday. They kept him there and then transferred him to a hospital where he stayed hospitalized for a week on a nebulizer and aggressively treating him with 3 different antibiotics. The KC quickly developed to pneumonia and it was an experience I will never forget. First sign of KC, I get vet help and antibiotics in the dog.

When I took Jaxie to the Emergency Vet in Mokena Illinois, they remembered Marvin, my only second visit there and after two years.

I am so proud Drizzle and Petro being such great foster parents. They treat Jaxie so gentle, giving him space and only engage with him on his terms. They even given up their play time so the yard is calm. Petro is fascinated with Jaxie crooked legs. He is always going in for a closeup look and sniffing.
              Drizzle and Petro seem to know there is something different about Jaxie. When I was introducing Pax to Jaxie, Petro stood in between them and would not let them meet. Pax is an "in your face" dog and very active and Petro seem to sense Jaxie needs to be treated delicately.
              Last edited by DPU; 07-20-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

aw, David I hope everything is going well.. I really miss Jaxie and think about him and talk about him everyday..I hope he has a wonderful outcome...Cathy and I stay in touch and talk about how goofy he was and when we heard of the heartworms we comforted eachother over the phone.. Jaxie, I think you have formed quite a few forever friendships in this whole process!!!

Debbie, thank you for making the website..

Kayla
                sigpic
                LEXI-3 yr old Sfemale harl great dane
                LEVI- 4yr old Nmale yellow lab
                ZOEY-2yr old Sfemale chinese crested
                ROCKY-10yr old Nmale yorkie (rescued)
                MAKO- 5 1/2mo OLD MALE HARL GREAT DANE

Comment

I agree, WOW what a display of a website. Fantastic! I can now reference the site in my email network. I hope others will do the same and pass on the story of Jaxie's Journey. Good wishes and prayers always help.

David~I've already passed on the story of Jaxie and his journey and I know many others will. He is in my thoughts and I am sending lots of good wishes and prayers.

Now how do we donate?!?! LOL!!
                  sigpic
                  www.rescuemetugz.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaphneandRoscoe View Post

David~I've already passed on the story of Jaxie and his journey and I know many others will. He is in my thoughts and I am sending lots of good wishes and prayers.

Now how do we donate?!?! LOL!!
                    LMAO
                    sigpic
                    LEXI-3 yr old Sfemale harl great dane
                    LEVI- 4yr old Nmale yellow lab
                    ZOEY-2yr old Sfemale chinese crested
                    ROCKY-10yr old Nmale yorkie (rescued)
                    MAKO- 5 1/2mo OLD MALE HARL GREAT DANE

Comment

Jaxie's site looks great! Thank you again to everyone that was and is still involved in his life and road to recovery. I will be following his story and I hope to meet this guy one day!

Comment

Oh my gosh, Debbie! Great site! Thank you!

I'm praying so so hard that Jaxie rises above his health issues. That boy deserves to live to be loved!
                        June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                        RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                        Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                        sigpic

Comment

It's really wonderful to see how Jaxie is being helped. Bless everyone who is involved in this amazing story.
                          Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
                          Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
                          http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

If anyone links to Jaxie's Journey on their own sites, blogs, etc., please email me with your site name and address. I will add you to "Jaxie's Friends".
                            sigpic
                            In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
                            Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Terrific job, Deb

Thanks so much for donating your time and expertise. Looks great!

Paul
                              ------------------------
                              Great Danes Online
                              www.danesonline.com
                              ------------------------
                              Great Danes Online Facebook
                              http://www.facebook.com/danesonline
                              ------------------------
                              Admin Blog
                              -------------//--------------

Comment

Working...