No announcement yet.

Lisa/Xcel Needs Good Thoughts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry to hear that you and your husband are going through this! Healing thoughts and prayers sent to both you and your husband!

Dana
    Last edited by dabell9798; 11-14-2008, 03:38 PM. Reason: sp
    Richard, Dana, Walker (9), Jaxzen (6), Lynda (5), Zeus (1 yr old Dane), Athena (1 yr old Dane), Jack (4 yr old Mini Dachshund) & Lizzy (4 yr old Mini Dachshund)

Comment

Lisa, we are holding you and Amos in our hearts. Please know there is a lot of positive energy being sent your way. We are all thinking of you here at DOL.
      Ann & John and Navy (b. 1/5/14)
      Whisper (Avatar 3/9/07 - 11/19/13)

Zip (2000-2007 - waiting at the Bridge)
      http://dolforum.com/forum/image.php?...ine=1215894342

Also at the Bridge: Woof, Natasha, Kippie, Black Jack, Thumper, Nigra Altair and Sean

Comment

You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

Im in waiting room 2 hour break in between shifts it let me get online today.No change they told me going to be long road several weeks on vent for lungs to try to function on own.
          sigpicLisa
          www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Lisa

Thanks for the update. We are all concerned.

Comment

Lisa, sending prayers your way. The power of prayer is great.

Dale
              sigpic
              Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
              Associate Member GDCNE
              Member GSPCA
              Member NAVHDA
              Member Central Maine Kennel Club
              High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

OMG Lisa! I haven't been on in a while and just saw this! I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I missed this post, I am so sorry for this trying time. Thoughts, prayers and light your way.

Lori
                  sigpic
                  Lori, Desi & Grimm
                  RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
                  Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
                  Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

They played with meds all day again and tonight his color better,heart rate down though still high and he just looks better to me he actualy tryed to smile earlier with all the tubes.They said this coming week we will try to slowly wean from vent again and then they can remove chest tubes and then we can do the heart caths and other test that need done.One new meds broke out in horrid ITCHY rash so ive been busy scratching and using gold bond all over him all day.They said because lung function the trach will most likely stay permanently so when we have to suction and things its their.He has a lot of lung and heart damage but today im hopeful he will eventualy get better.They told me dont get too excited yet but does look better.They said in few weeks he my be off all and that he may have to have rehabilitation but I was nurse and I had my quad brother 7 years so I can that part.Thanks for prayers they re working.He was really restless and wiggly today so that means getting stronger I think.
                    THANKS again
                    sigpicLisa
                    www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Lisa,
                      I've been watching this thread and sending prayers for your Amos. It sounds like you got a bit of good news today!!! Baby steps are good!!! My son-in-law (only 36)
                      just recently was diagnosed with colon cancer.........he is doing well now......but it was baby steps......a little bit of improvement at a time......the surgery was rough.... and sometimes it seemed like there was no hope......then a smile or even a bit of grouchiness made our spirits soar! Because we knew, like you, that it meant he was getting stronger...........so I hope and pray that your Amos gets these little improvements each day from here on out and just know how special you are here at DOL......you've helped out so many people........now we hope to help you out by sending our prayers to you and your family to stay strong and for Amos to get all better and come home to all of you. Take care of yourself!!!! You want to make sure that when he comes home you are strong and healthy to care for him.......so try your best to get some sleep and eat well too! Prayers coming your way.........
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks yep thats what the one doc I love said today baby steps darlin baby steps.One of the nurses we had last night hadnt seen him for couple days she could see improvement too.I have all crossed today like last night its best weve had in 18 days so far.One Dr mentioned rehabilitation but I was a nurse and we had my quadraplegic brother 7 years we can do it.I have 2 hours to kill between shift changes.I felt bd one guys worked for us cme yesterday and Amos is what hes used since YOUNG heck I didnt no was a nick name for long time when we first dated but Harold real name and they wouldnt let him in said they didnt have and he drove almost 2 hours to get their and I was back their and cell had to be off I felt so bad.
                        Last edited by XcelDanes; 11-16-2008, 06:16 AM.
                        sigpicLisa
                        www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Glad things are a little better for you Lisa. Yes, but I assume you were alot younger when you took care of your brother. You need to think of yourself too. Years ago I kept my brother here for 8 yrs because of a medical problem and now I am caring for my 97yr old mother who I am turning over to Home Health tomorrow. Things get to us as we age. We can't do it all.

Comment

Great news he's showing signs of improvement!! That's right...baby steps. Continued prayers Lisa.
                            June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                            RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                            Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                            sigpic

Comment

Lisa.......that's sad the hospital turned away the long-time friend of yours who drove so far to come and see your husband........too bad they didn't send someone in the room to check with you first before they turned him away.........but I'm sure he understood and that he'll be back for another visit now that he knows to use Amos' real name......Harold. Sometimes hospitals can just drive you CRAZY......I spent lots of time in one recently with the son-in-law being there and with my poor daughter. They have rules and regulations it seems for EVERYTHING....and then all of a sudden you will wonder, "Now why aren't they more strict with that!!" Ha! Just crazy.....but he sounds like he's in very good hands. Just making conversation Lisa!!!! I know your little laptop is a 'Godsend' right now to be able to find the 'hot-spot' as you call it and get online and just TALK.........does a soul lots of GOOD to just TALK!!! So that is something I'm good at!!!!!!!! Keep doing what you're doing girl!! Cause you are doing great! Just get some sleep and don't forget to eat!! Later........
                              Carla & Cisco
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh Lisa, was so glad to read about the improvement that Amos is having!! It will take time, but this is the start. Continued healing prayers and lots of good thoughts.
                                Linda and Rocky
                                sigpic
                                Jesse 1998-2007
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
                                Harley 1998-2002
                                Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Working...
                                X