This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No advertising on the forums

There is no advertising or self promotions permitted on the forums.

I would like to remind the membership about DOL's TOS in regards to placing ads on the forum:

You agree that you will not post (message content or signature) any images or comments with the intention of selling a dog(s) or any other animal(s), a product(s) or a service(s).

This includes posts including information on upcoming litters, or puppies for sale and requests for stud dogs and puppies, and discussion of breeder practices. No sale ads of any kind. No business ads are permitted. If you sell anything on your website, you may NOT post your web address in your signature. If you have pups for sale, you may NOT post your website address in your signature.

Please do not post to have members vote for you in contests on DOL or other websites, unless you plan on turning over 100% of your prize to rescue. Some requests for promotions may be considered only after the admin or mod is notified BEFORE post is made. All self promotion threads without the admin/mod consent will be removed.

Great Dane Rescue ads are permitted solely if they are from a recognized rescue or shelter agency only, and only posted in the rescue forum. Please do not post links to ads on sites like craigslist, private owner petfinder ads, etc. Instead it is better to contact the local rescue that covers that area and inform them of the ad.

Fundraising ads for rescue will be considered on a case to case basis. Please contact Paul or myself before placing any fundraising ads.

DOL is an educational forum. I think we can all agree that every day the general public is bombarded with advertising on a daily basis-on TV, on the radio, billboards, etc. We would like for DOL to be a place where you don't have to weed through the marketing to find the information you are looking for.

If you would like to place an advertisement, there are several places on DOL that you can do just that. DOL offers a newsletter, a link resource directory and a litterbox page, and paid advertising slots where your information can be shared. Just please don't post it on the boards.

I would also like to remind the membership, that along with the "No Advertising" policy, please be aware of our photo policy. Specifically:

**NOTE** Please do not hotlink images from other websites that are not your own. It is considered bandwidth theft. Please do not post photos that do not belong to you. Do not post photos of dogs that do not belong to you.

This includes photos of merchandise.

Thank you.
    Last edited by dolmod; 01-12-2011, 11:14 AM.
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

I would like to remind the membership about DOL's TOS in regards to placing ads on the forum:

You agree that you will not post (message content or signature) any images or comments with the intention of selling a dog(s) or any other animal(s), a product(s) or a service(s).

This includes posts including information on upcoming litters, or puppies for sale and requests for stud dogs and puppies, and discussion of breeder practices.

Great Dane Rescue ads are permitted solely if they are from a recognized rescue or shelter agency only, and only posted in the rescue forum. Please do not post links to ads on sites like craigslist, private owner petfinder ads, etc. Instead it is better to contact the local rescue that covers that area and inform them of the ad.

Fundraising ads for rescue will be considered on a case to case basis. Please contact Paul or myself before placing any fundraising ads.

DOL is an educational forum. I think we can all agree that every day the general public is bombarded with advertising on a daily basis-on TV, on the radio, billboards, etc. We would like for DOL to be a place where you don't have to weed through the marketing to find the information you are looking for.

If you would like to place an advertisement, there are several places on DOL that you can do just that. DOL offers a newsletter, a link resource directory and a litterbox page, where your information can be shared. Just please don't post it on the boards.

Thank you.
    sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

Please be mindful of the ad policy on our forum

Thank you.
      sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

There is no advertising permitted on the forums.
        sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Just a reminder:

There is no advertising permitted on the forums.
          sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

It has come to my attention that some folks continue to try to work around the no advertising rule. Please don't try to be slick and embed your business or kennel name into your signature picture. If it continues, photos and violators will be removed.
            sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

I would also like to remind the membership, that along with the "No Advertising" policy, please be aware of our photo policy. Specifically:

**NOTE** Please do not hotlink images from other websites that are not your own. It is considered bandwidth theft. Please do not post photos that do not belong to you. Do not post photos of dogs that do not belong to you.

sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Sorry bout that. Does the last part apply to linking products too (given you aren't benefiting from them, or advocating for a specific website), or just posting photographs of the products? We're often linking to new toys and treats... but I will stop if that too is not allowed.
                Last edited by Mr. Walnuts; 11-07-2010, 06:25 AM.
                - Chris
                "Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal"
                sigpic

Comment

Please let me know if I need to remove my rescue's home page link from my signature (there are no forums on there, it's with petfinder).
                  Thanks!
                  If you try, you may fail but you will fail if you don't try!

Comment

The rescue link in the signature is fine as long as it's a legitimate organization.
                    sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Another reminder:

If you sell anything on your website, you may NOT post your web address in your signature.
                      sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

There is NO advertising permitted on the forums.
                        sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Just to remind everyone-there is no advertising or self promotion on the forums.
                          sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

There is no advertising or self promotions permitted on the forums.

This includes posts including information on upcoming litters, or puppies for sale and requests for stud dogs and puppies, and discussion of breeder practices. No sale ads of any kind. No business ads are permitted. If you sell anything on your website, you may NOT post your web address in your signature. If you have pups for sale, you may NOT post your website address in your signature.

Please do not post to have members vote for you in contests on DOL or other websites, unless you plan on turning over 100% of your prize to rescue. Some requests for promotions may be considered only after the admin or mod is notified BEFORE post is made. All self promotion threads without the admin/mod consent will be removed.

If you would like to place an advertisement, there are several places on DOL that you can do just that. DOL offers a newsletter, a link resource directory and a litterbox page, and paid advertising slots where your information can be shared. Just please don't post it on the boards.

Thank you.
                            sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

There is NO advertising or self promotions permitted on the forums.
                              sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Working...
                              X