This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members-Check your photos and links in signatures

Now that I have your attention. I have had a bunch of complaints today about signature file sizes. Some of the larger signatures are locking up computers of members that are on dialup.

Please resize your post signatures to a managable size. If you don't, unfortunately I will have to remove them.

Signature photos should be no larger than 250 X 250 px and less than 25K, and please only one photo/graphic per signature. I'm getting MANY complaints from dial up folks that it's taking forever for posts to load because of large graphics.

Photos in the Members photo forum should be no larger than 400 px at the longest side.

This includes photos uploaded to DOL and to other sites such as Photobucket/Snapfish, etc.

ALSO, Be reminded that links to personal sites are permitted, but links to commercial/sales sites are not.
    That means no puppy ads, no upcoming puppy/future litters information, no stud dog info, no sales of merchandise or for sale stuff at all. If you have something to sell on your site or are doing self promotion, please remove your website link from your signature.

Please let's be considerate to all the members on the site by complying.

Please do not post photos from other people's websites (hotlinked photos) . It is considered Bandwidth theft. Also, do not post photos that are not your own. If you wish to post someone else's photo, please get written permission first and post that with the photo.

Please, if you plan on sharing photos. Make sure to post them in our Photo Forum, not in any other section of the board.
    Last edited by dolmod; 07-12-2014, 01:24 PM. Reason: added information RE: hotlinked photos
    sigpic
    In Memory of Sky, EZ and Honor

Visit Poke's Facebook Page

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

RE: Please check signature photos in posts

Hate to have to bump this up, but there have been several complaints.
    sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.
    Well behaved danes are not born. They are “made” by responsible and caring dane owners.

Comment

RE: Please check signature photos in posts, need some other help

This doesn't belong here probly. But I couldn't find a start new topic...............
      Anyway, how can I make fonts bigger here? I used view & made largest on tools with internet options, I went to display in control panel & set to largest. All my other internet pages are supersized, exept this one site.
      Is there a way?????
      I can't read em without putting my face on the screen!!!!!
      help please
      thanks
      sue

Comment

Looks like the forum scripts css is set at 12px. You can use Foxfire as a browser. It has a zoom function.
        sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

thanks so much
          I ose IE7 and it took me forever to figger it out
          sue

Comment

Have had a couple of complaints about signature photos from folks on dialup. Please resize them to a manageable size. Thanks
            sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

asking again, thanks!
              sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Thank you to those members who have adjusted their signature photo sizes.

If you haven't done so already and have a very large photo as a signature, please be considerate to our dial-up members and resize your photo.
                sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Bumping this up
                  sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Is my pic too big?? Not sure how to tell. If it is too big con you resize it for me?? I would love it. And a big thanks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lwrees72
                      No offense but guys it is 2009, drop dial up and get DSL! I think DSL is too slow, I would shoot myself with dial up!
                      Unfortunately many of our members are in areas where they only have dial up, plus with the economy, many more people are going back to limited dial up. Hate to say it but some of the time many of the sigs slow down my system and I have business cable.
                      sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

If your signature is too large and you need to resize it, please remove your current photo, resize in a photo editor and upload it to your profile.
                        sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Please do not post photos from other people's websites (hotlinked photos) . It is considered Bandwidth theft. Also, do not post photos that are not your own. If you wish to post someone else's photo, please get written permission first and post that with the photo.
                          sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Please, if you plan on sharing photos. Make sure to post them in our Photo Forum, not in any other section of the board.
                            sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Reminder, there is no self promotion permitted in this group
                              sigpic

Member of the GDC of MD.

Comment

Working...
                              X