Buddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy

Buddy was my German Shepherd Mix who I rescued. I had to put him to sleep last Monday, October 17th. He had hemangiosarcoma. By the time I found out it was too late. The vet said I would have 6-8 weeks but I only got 3 weeks. I stayed with him and his head was in my lap. I was heartbroken and still am.
    I just got his ashes from the vet today so it's reliving it all over again. Out of the all dogs I've owned myself he lived to be the oldest. He would have been 13 in December. I know he is at peace and not suffering. The one thing I learned from him that means the most to me is to always rescue.

I know I haven't posted in a long time but I do log on and read post. Hope everyone and their fur-babies are doing well. I'm going to go post an update on Mya on the health and welfare forum.

Renee, Mya & Sasha
    sigpic
    Renee - Mya (GD), Buddy (Shepherd Mix) & Sasha (Mix)

So sorry for your loss.

Run free, Buddy!
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about Buddy. It sounds like he had quite a few good years with you, so I'm sure he was very glad that you turned out to be his rescuer.
      sigpicLisa
      Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

He Choose Me

Thank you for the kind words. I like to think Buddy was happy. I remember the day I rescued him like it was yesterday. There were two puppies I played with in the same pen and he was one of them. I went to the lady's house to tell her I couldn't decide and would come back tomorrow. She lived on the property. Anyway I went back to have another look & Buddy whose name at the time was Brownie and the other puppy were asleep side by side with their heads sticking out of the dog house Buddy got up and came and stood on his hind legs and put his front paws on the chain link fence and looked at me. The other puppy just lifted his head and looked me then laid down and went back to sleep. Needless Buddy aka Brownie picked me up and I went back to the lady's house and gave her a deposit to hold him till the next day so I could get all the supplies I needed.

I will never forget that. He showed me how great it feels to rescue and how much they will love you for it.

Thank you again for the support during this difficult time.
        sigpic

Comment

You are dealing with a lot at once - so sorry for your loss. Sending healing thoughts your way...
          -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

It's Difficult

I appreciate your understanding. A lot of people don't get it. My dogs are my family and my babies. It's been just me and my dogs. It is very hard to deal with. Some days are easier than others and then it will just hit me. I still catch myself calling for Buddy when the other two are outside or I'll go in the bathroom and expect to see him sleeping on the bathmat which was one of his favorite places to sleep. I know it will get easier in time.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X