My Sweet Gracie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sweet Gracie

From the moment I saw her sweet face on petfinder, I knew she was going to change our life. We rescued the middle aged girl (5 years old) from a place where she was having diarrhea from being so stressed out. She weighed a mere 83 pounds and we could see every bone and her skin just hung from her. Dime sized dandruff flakes covered her back. The moment I saw her, I promised her, she would never look back. She would never be without a warm home, a cozy bed or a full belly. She may argue with the full belly since she would eat anything and everything. Doughnuts were her favorite!

As time went on, her body aged and tumors appeared. No matter the issue, her spirit never failed her. She always smiled for a car ride or a peanut butter coated milk bone.

Once the seizures started, her frail body couldn't keep up with her spirit. It was finally time to part ways, for now. I know she's waiting for me at the bridge, playing and running like a puppy. When my time comes, she'll come to hold my hand and tell me "it's ok .... Just go to sleepy".

Until that time, I'll keep her memory close. I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend with her as short as it was. She always made me smile no matter how awful I felt. I'll forever be grateful for that and for her.

Sleep well my angel. You are now free. We will miss you horribly, but we did the absolute best we could every single day.
    sigpic
    One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

Melissa & Hoss!
    Gracie, Having a ball at the Rainbow Bridge 2/17/16.

So sorry for your loss. You gave her a wonderful home for the last years of her life, and I'm sure she knew that and loved you all the more for it.
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for making Gracie a part of your lives...so sorry for your loss. I hope the coming days will be filled with less pain and more of the happy memories she gave you.

Comment

So sorry

Gracie and my family's past Danes are surely having a blast up there at the Rainbow Bridge
        sigpic
        Willow and Liv

Comment

I am so, so sorry for your loss...when you said when it's your time you knew she would be there to hold your hand and say -it's ok just go sleepy...I haven't stopped crying since I read that...sending peace to you

Comment

So sorry for your loss. She looks every bit as sweet as your description. You made the second half of her life a big improvement. Hoping she now has her own Krispy Kreme outlet
            sigpicLisa
            Missing Mira (7/15/03-12/17/13)

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.
              sigpic

Comment

What a sweet face - so glad you entered her life and made it a wonderful one.
                -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

That is one of the most sweet and soulful faces I have seen....it was clearly a reflection of the love she was given. So sorry for your loss.
                  sigpicKelly

Comment

Working...
                  X